User Experience (UX) Designer
Our clients' new innovation hubs set out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you’ll be challenged to think and do differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
A designer who can be hands on as well as lead the experience workstream of projects? A holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards across all touchpoints that deliver on product experience? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design from? A shaper who wants to define the user experiences of the future? A champion of design that can show the value of experience design to one of the world’s biggest companies? Then this is for you.
At a project level:
- Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the experience component;
- Carry out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic);
- Identify use cases, write epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, content and requirements;
- Produce working documentation/deliverables such as experience guidelines, UX flows, wireframes,screens and prototype(s).
- Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
- Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams;
- Develop and run prototype testing sessions:
- A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation e.g. card sorting etc.
- Use the UI design system/language, components, grid structures, icons, interactions as needed;
- Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities;
- Work with the wider organisation and cross functional project teams to clarify business problems.
At a capability level:
- Work closely with other designers to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build.
- Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach to the design lead.
- A real breadth of skills – from research techniques to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and experiences;
- The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape;
- The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business;
- The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise.
Nice to have:
- Your experience and ambition is wider than ‘design’ and extends into lean and human centered innovation as well an appreciation of business rigour;
- An appreciation and understanding of service design practices i.e. consideration of the backstage workings and holistic proposition;
- You have worked in/with Product:
- Having some knowledge of Product Management and Agile ways of working including user stories, backlog management, acceptance criteria, Kanban, retrospectives etc.
- A quality of visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful – delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite;
- Have an understanding or at least appreciation of digital development and technology such that the experience design can be communicated and translated smoothly;
- Keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools in UX to where and how we work.
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV (Word) + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded