Traffic Engineering Manager
Oil & Gas
This role is part of the Enterprise Technology Services and Operations organisation in IT whose mission is to provide secure and reliable enterprise wide IT services globally. This role is focused on delivery Connectivity services which includes local and wide area networks, network security and voice services.
The Traffic Engineering Manager will manage ‘level 3’ activities for the complete Connectivity portfolio globally. The incumbent directly interfaces with both supplier and business IT stakeholders across all lines of business. These services are critical in providing the foundation layer for all IT in our client. As The internet becomes more prevalent the incumbent should have an extensive knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols.
The Traffic Engineering Manager will manage activities with a high degree of autonomy driven by operational nature and real time criticality of the role. The scope covers the complete Connectivity estate (60,000 devices in 70 countries providing 25 different IT services). The operational nature of the role will require out of hours working, sometimes unplanned and oncall.
This position plays a critical role in ensuring operational performance expectations are met by:
- Providing technical expertise supporting support groups to resolve complex issues and incidents;
- Making proactive/predictive and preemptive interventions including the use of data and analytics;
- Providing strong steer for future tooling requirements to embrace Automation using Data & Analytics;
- Demonstrating strong and visible leadership as a senior technical leader in a global team of subject matter experts providing 3rd level support for Connectivity services;
- Defining, developing and sustaining the required technical skills of the team whilst preparing them for broadening opportunities;
- To ensure relevant ITIL processes are effective across internal and external organizational boundaries;
- Supports Traffic Engineering manager and staff in developing their technical knowledge in relevant services.
- To develop and maintain technical skills and working relationships within our client and externally such that the operational performance of the Connectivity scope is secure, reliable and meets performance objectives;
- To define and sustain a technical career path with regard to Connectivity operations;
- Proactively oversee a sustainable process to refresh Connectivity hardware and software currency;
- To ensure sustainable resolutions of all major operational problems in the Connectivity services scope;
- Act as the Connectivity ‘technical expert’ when liaising with architects;
- Member of the Connectivity extended Leadership Team and as such shares in a number of technical activities (supporting onboarding);
- Participate in a broad range of DRBs/Steering Teams for New Service Developments and Products;
- Support Vendor engagements to ensure that technical offerings and solutions are fit for operational support.
Technical (must haves):
- Typical Years of Experience: 20+ years in IT with 10+ years in a leadership role;
- Significant experience of working in a senior management role with similar dimensions to this role;
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT;
- Current certifications in networking technology e.g. CCNP or equivalent vendor certifications.
Skills (must haves):
- Ability to solve technical operational issues in data and voice networking based on significant knowledge and hands on experience e.g.;
- LAN/WAN/WLAN/Internet topology, Design and Implementation;
- Routing and switching protocols - OSPF, BGP etc.;
- Policy based routing, NAT/PAT, VLAN, SDLAN;
- Load balancing and security products firewall, proxy, zScaler, intrusion protection;
- Network Performance tuning;
- Voice technologies e.g. IPT, call centres, SIP.
- Ability to work in a team with subject matter experts in other areas e.g. hosting, clients using a good technical understanding of their areas;
- Proven ability to exploit data and analytics to ensure delivery of secure and reliable services;
- Proven and well-developed man management and leadership skills, motivating and developing an operational team to deliver;
- Experience of working as a customer with 3rd parties;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Proven experience in managing compliance.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.