Test Architect Metrology
Do you want to play an important role in testing our highly advanced and extremely complex Metrology systems and push boundaries, set new standards and make the impossible, possible – every day?
Do you possess technical leadership and can you influence your stakeholders to deploy software test strategies and test methods?
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the organisations' machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy!
As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, the organisation also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to define a test strategy for the functional cluster including a roadmap how to realize this strategy. The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Define a test strategy according the departments’ test strategy approach
- Adapt the test strategy to customer feedback/trends, the organisations' priorities and changes to the software design
- Anchor the test strategy within projects by performing an exemplary role within the context of projects and inspire and coach developers
- Assists the group lead by performing software quality assessments and reports the results in terms of coverage and remaining risks, including proposing improvement actions to the group lead
- Review test related deliverables, observes automated regression test results, first analysis, follow up actions, bug advocacy, participates in patch hit analysis
Context of the position
This position is within the Software Metrology Department, which is a part of the Sector Development & Engineering.
Master or PhD in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
- A proven track record with test strategies and testing in software development in a multidisciplinary setting is required
- Experience with Context-Driven Testing methodologies
- You have experience in leading a team
- Agile way of working
- Coping with legacy software
- Preferably you have knowledge/experience of C / C++, MATLAB, Python and Linux
The organisation is a highly dynamic environment, which requires you to be a good communicator, team player, to take initiative and to be result oriented. You are a critical thinker and pay attention to every detail of your work and you leave no room for errors. You express creative and innovative thinking and get energy from pioneering new ground.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.
This is a ‘detavast’ request: Our client prefers candidates who are open to a contract with our client after a period of 12 months. This is no must, please mention if this is an option for you, or not.