Telecommunications Senior Design Assurance Engineer
Oil & Gas
- Typical Years of Experience: 13-17 - leading and executing Telecom’s project delivery, Telecoms operations, or IT consultancy assignments to design, develop and deliver viable network and telecom solutions, preferably in Oil and Gas or similar industry with offshore experience preferred.
- A high degree of technical network knowledge on traditional (IP) networks and systems
- Any Graduate
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP)
- Knowledge of Layer-2 Switching, VLAN’s and Access-list.
- Knowledge of Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Voice over IP (VoIP).
- Managing, Maintaining and Configuring a network work with the help of WAN technologies like PPP, dedicated T1s, DS3’s, metro ethernet and routing protocols: OSPF, BGP
- Back-up and restore of all critical resources including router IOS
- IP addressing and subnetting and routing concepts
- Switches: basic configuration and VLAN setup on Cisco switches
- Router: basic configuration and monitoring of Cisco routers including VLAN’s
- Implemented SNMP on devices to allow for network management
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and engineering networking and security systems in previous roles including experience in managing telecom requirements (design and operational) for local site facilities
- Telecoms Industry knowledge with extensive experience in Networks and Telecommunications, Testing and Commissioning.
- Knowledge of Project Delivery methodology for managing Capital Projects in Oil and Gas
- Consistently delivered results in a matrix, global virtualized organization
- Experience of managing contracts and working closely with suppliers to ensure the delivery of IT services
- Good Negotiation Skills.
- Proven experience in stakeholder and relationship management including external vendors
- Ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Proven Stakeholder management and Communication skills
- Experience on cloud technologies and SDWAN (Viptela)
- Cisco router/switching/security certification, at minimum CCNP
- Experience working in an outsourced environment
- Project Management certification like PMP, PMI, Prince2
- Service Management processes (Support Models, Service Level Management, Contract Management and Supplier Management)
This role is part of the ET&P Connectivity Portfolio.
The Design Assurance Engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) covering the application of telecommunications technology deployed across the Shell Group. This includes both onshore and offshore facilities and the SME will also provide project design assurance and support for Capital Projects and IT Project / Programme domains.
The purpose of the Design Assurance Engineer is to manage the end-to-end technical delivery of the telecommunications systems required as part of Company Capital Projects. This can include both Construction Telecoms (Temporary telecom used during the project phase) and the Permanent Telecoms facilities which are part of the built facility for use in the OPERATE phase
The team’s key Accountabilities are:
1. Perform network and telecom design assurance on projects
2. Technical Authority for networking and field telecoms provisioning projects
3. Assurance during transition to operate during execution phase of a project in support of target operating environment.
For the services in scope:
- Review and approve detailed designs for network and telecom system produced by Design Engineer
- Deliver and execute the Discipline Controls and Assurance Framework (DCAF) for Telecoms as a Technical Authority (TA) throughout the project phases with assurance of supplier plan and solution designs on robustness of solution from a design, operability, and maintainability perspective
- Deliver and execute the project control documentation for networking with assurance of the supplier plan and solution designs from an operability, affordability and maintainability perspective
- Review and approve detailed designs for network and (field) telecom projects
- Document the architecture via network and communication systems drawings
- Integrate Shell Network Design standards and best practices into the design and contribute to the development and/or revision of standards and practices
- Specify/verify Acceptance Test and Acceptance Criteria to ensure project deliverables are in line with business requirements
- Engage with operate teams to ensure handover ownership is defined at early phase of projects and ensure designs are supportable by the operate team
- Contribute to the annual performance goals and personal development plan cycle
Please send us your recent CV (word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.