Oil & Gas
Accountable for ensuring the PetroSigns Application Landscape remain stable, reliable, updated and performing as needed by the Reservoir Modelling, Reservoir Engineering and Reserves Assurance user community globally. This is done by ensuring ITIL processes are embedded throughout and by delivering high quality process and technical solutions where required. In addition, the service team will regularly provide 2nd level technical support as well as taking a technical lead role in upgrades, deployments and improvement projects globally when related to Reservoir Modelling and Reserves Volume Management.
Key accountabilities include:
- High Quality operational delivery in line with agreed SLA’s and business requirements
- Identifying and delivering improvements to the Infrastructure and applications landscapes with clear business value.
- Close collaboration with the PTX PetroSigns application teams at all times to ensure the life cycle of development through to operations is continuous – DevOps.
- End-to-end monitoring, issues identification and remediation of all applications and infrastructure within the PetroSigns landscape.
- Ensure business KPI’s are routinely met as defined in Service Level Agreements – remediate where breached.
- Drive and own global PetroSigns RM&D activities to ensure timely delivery of new deployments, security patches and application upgrades.
- Maintain High Asset Data Quality within the Configuration systems for all assets related to the PetroSigns landscape.
- Contribute and at times lead PetroSigns delivery
- Maintain highest level of Service Integration and collaboration with 3rd party service providers
Key challenges include:
- The PetroSigns portfolio is highly technical and comprises of Reservoir Modelling software and Hydrocarbon Volumetric Management systems. The service has a global user base with differing levels of technical complexities covering Relational Database Management Systems (SQL Server, Oracle), Virtual Workstations (VWS), Windows servers, and Storage. Managing services under these conditions require specialized tools, skills and knowledge.
- PetroSigns customers, development teams and stakeholders are widely distributed around the globe. This requires excellent communications skills.
- The PetroSigns team is relatively small with accountability for a highly visible application set. In addition, these applications are driven by highly competitive and progressive application teams. We need to ensure the users and development teams requirements are met without introducing risks to production environments.
- The PetroSigns application suite is relatively new and pushes technologies, their use and associated ways of working. In addition, usage is rapidly growing. Together these introduce additional risks and challenges which require quick thinking and understanding of how to remediate the immediate impact and the longer term potential impact.
- Understanding the IT infrastructure, IT and Business Support Models including partnerships.
- A degree in computing or IT.
- Application support experience.
- ITIL & Service Management experience.
- A sound knowledge of Windows Server & networking technologies.
- A logical and systematic approach to problem resolution across a broad spectrum of technologies.
- A sound knowledge of Internet technologies, and an understanding of Internet security.
- Experience in managing IT projects.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD).
- Linux, MS SQL, Oracle or DBA experience.
- Microsoft technologies programming or scripting experience.
- Knowledge on Cloud (AWS , Azure), CI/CD, Devops is an added advantage
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.