Technical Support Engineer Skype
Oil and Gas
This role is a pivotal function within the organization. The calibre of individual will be a Technical Support Skype engineer with an analytical mindset to be able to review key performance statistics in relation to Voice Quality (VQ) at various levels.
- There will be a requirement to define working process for managing the VQ with internal teams and partners.
- Process for monitoring back end performance and the Eco systems for Skype for optimum performance.
- Responsible for ensuring continual improvement
- Need to develop a program of continual and measurable improvement for Voice Quality and general Skype performance.
- To report progress against that plan to Operations Management.
- To set up a Operations Forum to review performance, present outputs and obtain steer.
- Proactive Management
- Setting up targeted reporting as per the VQ Concept methodology and other deemed necessary reports (above and beyond base reporting).
- Baselining data / reports to set targets for VQ.
- Monitoring back end performance for Lync / Skype for Business and measuring against target
- Reviewing the targets periodically.
- Having access to monitoring systems and being proficient in interpreting the VQ metrics and back end data such as SCOM and coming up with improvement areas.
- Regular audits of performance metrics to ensure incremental improvements.
- Using tooling proactively to identify if issues flagged by measured data are resulting in user experience issues, and prioritising remediation work appropriately.
- Managing improvement initiatives with suppliers / internal teams to drive VQ performance improvements.
- Raising proactively identified issues to the relevant resolver groups with clear data on root cause or potential root cause obtained from monitoring systems.
- Chasing down improvement initiatives within the client cross functional areas and supplier.
- Providing support to teams during an incident / situation to help diagnose root cause of an issue so that it can be passed to relevant resolver groups within 3rd party supplier teams.
- Having a structured methodology in place to drive to root cause / trouble shooting for VQ at various levels (user, site, network etc.).
- Set up tools / dashboards in line with troubleshooting methodology to aid fast root cause analysis.
- Provide targeted management reports showing VQ performance and general Skype performance over time (Trend reporting)
- Provide targeted working level reports to manage supplier and solution performance
- Create new reports as required and become proficient to create own reports
- Create reports based on User Satisfaction surveys
- Initiate the sending of targeted comms material to users or groups that need information to improve their VQ experience
- Working with Engagement Team to:
- Ensure users impacted by operational voice quality issues are communicated to in a timely manner.
- Target appropriate user groups with behavioural change messages.
- Liaise with Supplier Management teams to ensure our supplier is meeting SLA and performance targets
- Liaise with supplier technical and service teams
- Interface with supplier to review Skype performance as needed
- Interface to Microsoft and other Eco System suppliers Systems to be Used
- Power BI
- MS Excel
- Lync / Skype Monitoring Server
- PowerSuite (by Unify Square) to include Voice Quality, Synthetic Transactions and SDN
- Skype Heartbeat
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV (Word) + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability and all-in hourly rate, VAT (BTW) excluded.