System SW Test Engineer
- Bachelor or Master Level – Technical
- Preferred educated in Computer Science
- At least 4 years’ experience in testing high-tech systems.
- Visible experience in creation of system level test cases.
- Experience with programming/scripting/automation (Unix/Linux, Python/RobotFramework)
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, BitBucket
- Experience in stakeholder management and working in multidisciplinary teams
- Flexible and goal oriented, able to realize progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment
- Fluent use of the English language
- Takes ownership and is decisive
- Ability to defend own opinion
- High degree of autonomy
- Proactive attitude, searching own challenges
- Service mindset
- Quality mindset, striving for continuous improvement
Key words Software, Testing, Linux, Quality, Python, RobotFrameWork
Within our client, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the products.
In this sector, the department Software Test & Integration specifies, executes and controls the testing and integration of the various software systems into a software release for our internal and external customers.
Position in the Organization Do you want to be the final quality gate between the software developers and our customers? Are you ready to take on the challenge of verifying and judging if the new software is fit for purpose to be installed and used in production?
As software test engineer you are the expert in qualifying the Twinscan software from a system perspective. You define what needs to be tested, how it will be tested, and execute the test cases under time pressure to release.
To deliver software changes with minimal impact on our customer’s operations; prevent defects. Understand the needs of the customer and assess the impact of software changes on those customers.
Qualify the new software deliveries whether they behave according to our client's requirements and the customer expectation and provide a release advice.
Challenges include many software deliveries by different teams, many different system configurations in the field, and limited test time on real systems due to high cost.
In the role of system software test engineer you will perform several activities in your work.
- Risk assessment and test impact determination
Together with the architects and developers, you assess the risk from a customer’s point-of-view of the changes made in the software release and determine which test cases must be created and/or executed to qualify the software for release.
- Software qualification
The defined system level test set needs to be executed on the various test environments, such as a simulation environment, as well as real Twinscan systems. For each qualification cycle a dedicated team of experts is assembled and together you execute the test set in an AGILE environment, analyze the results, follow up on found defects so the delivering project can solve or contain defects, and provide your assessment: is the software ready for release?
- Create and automate system test cases
Create new system level test cases to qualify the system software. Apart from the functional behavior of the system also the non-functional requirements must be verified. Once these test cases have shown their value, automate the tests via Python scripts or as keyword driven test scripts using RobotFrameWork.
- Continuous improvement
Analyze software issues reported by our customers and our factory: why were they not caught by our own tests. Preventive actions are defined to improve processes, risk assessment and to define new or improved testcases
Please send us your recent CV + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.