Oil & Gas
The Systems Engineer is end-to-end responsible for the operations of the technical landscapes and the delivery of the day-to-day application services according to the agreed Service Level Agreements. They are the day-to-day service integrator (end-to-end) to ensure applications landscapes remain compliant.
The Systems Engineer drives Incident/Problem resolution by assisting in key operational activities in terms of delivery, fixes, and supportability with operations staff and/suppliers. They ensure regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection.
The Systems Engineer assists with supportability and transition activities of enhancements and project solutions. This includes analyzing and understanding business functional and non-functional requirements for supportability impact, as well as assessing implications of landscape changes and reviewing for enhancement and continuous improvement opportunities. They also build knowledge of relevant information risks and regulatory requirements.
• The portfolio is highly technical and comprises of a mix of vendor and own proprietary technologies for mapping (GIS), seismic interpretation or reservoir modelling.
• These services have a global user base with differing levels of complexities covering Oracle, Virtual Work Stations, Linux, Windows and Storage. Managing services under these conditions require specialized tools, skills and knowledge.
• IT users, development teams and stakeholders are widely distributed around the globe. This requires excellent communications skills.
• These applications are driven by highly competitive and progressive application teams. We need to ensure the users and development teams requirements are met without introducing risks to production environments.
• Understanding the IT infrastructure, IT and Business Support Models including partnerships.
• Master’s degree in computer science, data science, or other closely related field
• Minimum of three years of work experience in similar role
• Very good IT Infrastructure skills covering Windows Server (and/or Linux) administration, Oracle on Linux and/or SQL Server on Windows.
• Experience with middleware administration and configuration (Web applications on IIS, Tomcat, Active Directory, Kerberos KDC, DNS)
• Exposure to Python scripting (optional PowerShell)
• Customer focused and pro-active attitude; enjoy customer facing, taking end-to-end responsibility
• Be able to work with various specialized multinational support teams to bring complex requests or problems to timely resolution
• Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written
• In-depth analytical and troubleshooting skills on a variety of platforms
• Be flexible, and willing to work outside of normal office hours in order to ensure that service and high customer satisfaction is maintained
• Exposure to the oil and gas industry. In particular exploration and production, preferably in the subsurface arena.
• Experience with GIS applications: ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, Portal for ArcGIS
• Experience participating in a virtual team of people delivering global services/projects.
• Experience in multinational/multicultural enterprise
Interested? Please send us your English CV (Word). motivation and hourly rate.