Support engineer 3 fte
Oil & Gas
The EE is the single point of contact for all Executive IT Support needs. These range from performing everyday support tasks including password resets and software installations, to providing advanced support of the latest models of personal mobile devices, planning and executing of meeting support and potentially home visits.
The Executive IT Support Engineer will efficiently address the Executive requests whilst minimising IT risk, keeping the users’ down time at a minimum by providing an enhanced and personalised IT support service for the subscribers at the required location.
The EE coordinates and performs Executive IT meeting support. These meetings can range from 1-to-1 videoconference calls, as well as large town halls and/or webcasts, requiring multiple video locations, and up to thousands of attendees. There is a documented process to plan and coordinate these events. This also requires in room presence at the hosting location, where the EE is the single point of contact for queries and issues during the event. The EE would work with several suppliers to make the meeting/event a success.
The principal accountabilities are:
• To be continuously aware of the safety and security considerations required on site and to ensure that all work practices and procedures will be safe to her/him and others
• Maintains effective and professional customer relations at all times
• Understands the general sensitivity, priority and urgency around our most senior leaders
• Prevents, troubleshoots and solves technical issues reported by end-users within the End User Computing infrastructure
• Performs planned and unplanned activities including but not limited to IT PC health checks, pre-travel IT checks, Operating System installations, and maintenance of a variety of personal devices including smartphones, tablets and laptops
• Involved in the coordination of individual IT escalations
• Provides sound advice and support to Senior Executives on IT related requests or queries within the set boundaries of Information Risk Management, company Demand Policies and other available guidelines
• Accurately documents the facts related to the incident or query, the troubleshooting steps taken and its resolution in the relevant ticketing database, as well as the associated time writing activities
• Provides end-to-end planning and support for the IT requirements of the (virtual) Executive meetings/events, including Executive IT meeting room setup and event preparation, ensuring a smooth running of the event. Coordinates the follow up of any issues that may arise during the event.
• Shares and documents knowledge, thus working in a professional manner and fostering team spirit
• Adheres to a formal dress code and professional conduct at all times
• Occasionally travels to support business needs when required, mainly in country
• Fulfils the assigned shift during business hours and performs standby duties on a rotational basis
• Minimum Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) equivalent
• At least 5 years of working experience in related field(s)
• Experienced IT support trouble shooting skills of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7/10), Apple iOS on mobile devices and Microsoft Office products 2010/2016/O365
• Experienced in using and supporting collaboration tools such as CISCO/Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, CISCO Telepresence and Lync/Skype for Business meetings
• Must have excellent language skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate at all organisational levels and able to adequately respond to to non-verbal communication
• Managing expectations with the most senior Executives in the company are key skill requirements
• First and/or second line support IT Service Desk experience is preferred
• Working experience using ITIL processes (ITIL Foundation Certification preferred)
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English and WORD, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.