Solution Architect/Data Analyst
This role has 2 assignments:
1. Assessment and prioritization of Cognos reporting for remediation
2. Develop solution plan and architecture design for BI platform upgrade
1. Currently 43 Cognos reports are supported for use across multiple business areas. The organisation is currently in the process of decommissioning or migrating these reports to a different reporting tool to align with current Standards. An initial assessment of these reports and systems has been completed and an analyst is needed to drive the process to a greater level of detail in preparation for the actual technical work of migrating to a new platform.
This resource will focus in on these key tasks:
- Review each report, request usage profile from operational support team. Write summary report.
- Find and inventory documentation such as URS and technical design of the original reports.
- Meet with System Owners of each report to determine priorities and explain risk assessment. Document results and created ordered list for migration.
- Confirm that 4 reports can be Decommissioned.
- Assess usage of reports based on SO meeting and documentation. Write summary report/level of complexity geared towards technical resources
- Assess GDPR impact and any risks for each report. Write summary report and discuss with GDPR team.
- Refine Migration estimate – technical resource development. Work with in-house tech team to review report complexity.
2. An experienced architect is required to lead the development of a target architecture for the BI platform, to support the continuity of BI applications implemented and to develop the solution plan that support the growth of business demands. The Architect will work closely with the US, Japan and EMEA-based teams, with the business stakeholders and our client vendors in understanding the business process and (data) requirements and with the DAA function on overall architecture and integration standards. The role requires a technically competent individual with a sound Enterprise Architecture background across business system, information and technology disciplines. Integration between systems is large part of the upgrade so the Architect will need proven experience in this area.
- Oracle databases;
- IBM Infosphere for data integration;
- Oracle APEX for data entry applications;
- QlikView, Qlik Sense, Nprinting, Cognos and ThoughtSpot as data visualization tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of complex reports;
- Run assessment;
- Clear and concise writing of documentation;
- Interaction with a diverse set of stakeholders; business and technical resources;
- Estimation of work efforts;
- Understanding of URS documentation;
- Understanding of technical specification documentation;
- Lead the development of a target architecture, including infrastructure, middleware and applications;
- Working with subject matter experts in each region;
- Develop / Author detailed end to end solution architecture proposals for the systems and technology landscape (Solution Plan); Document will contain detailed diagrams and in depth details;
- Ensure the delivered solution plan is fit for purpose, cost effective and meet compliance and security standards;
- Provide architectural advice and guidance at different project stages including design reviews;
- Contribute advice and guidance to project plans and roadmaps;
- Contribute to defining the delivery projects and changes in support for the systems landscape;
- Liaise with consultants, service providers and internal resources on required inputs and outputs;
- Analysing the integration requirements and recommending the best approach;
- Establishing architecture governance approach for the project;
- Overseeing any architecture or design issues during project delivery.
- Four-year technical degree, Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field;
- Two or more years of experience with BI practices, techniques and databases;
- Five years or more of experience as solution architect, preferably Business Intelligence platform;
- Technical architecture background across business system, information and technology disciplines;
- Experience with developing solution plan for platform on-premises or cloud-based (Azure and Amazon);
- Ability to grasp the link between reports and business concepts and their relationships to one another;
- Ability to understand business user requirements and technical solutions;
- Excellent analytical skills, research and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail;
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, including the ability to be both directive and collaborative;
- Able to work with strict procedures and processes;
- Able to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- SQL knowledge is essential;
- Experience from a regulated industry a must.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical (R&D) environment preferred;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning GxP applications and GAMP5 preferred;
- Familiarity working in international and enterprise level companies;
- Specific experience with Cognos reporting solutions.
Stuur ons uiterlijk woensdag 12 december tot 13:00 je recente CV + motivatie voor deze rol, beide in het Engels, samen met je beschikbaarheid/geplande vakanties en je all-in uurtarief excl. BTW.
Please make sure you reply no later than Wednesday 12th of december 13:00 with your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.