Solution Architect Customer Services
- Minimal bachelor level in Software Engineering or similar with at least 7 years working experience in agile software development.
- Proven capability in working and thinking at conceptual levels with product owners, architects, business analysts, software developers, and non-technical stakeholders.
- Capable of defining a shared approach for delivering quality software products through collaboration, persuasion and organizational sensitivity, also under complex and challenging situations.
- Strong working experience with architectural frameworks like TOGAF and DYA and Development approaches like DDD and TDD
- Proven experience with enterprise customer portals (B2B, B2C), design systems and AIM Solutions
- Excellent understanding of SOA, REST API Management and microservices principles, with hands-on experience in intergrating external SaaS services
- In-depth Java solution design experience specifically JEE 11 and Angular 10+
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools, specifically Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Selenium, Nexus and Sonar
- Proven experience with information security, compliance and privacy by design in the software production process and with software products in the retail finance industry or similar
- Willing to travel across Europe (occasionally)
- Proficient in Dutch and business English, Both writing and speaking, German is a strong advantage
- Result driven, cooperative mindset and quality focused
As a Solution Architect you will help us to design, build and deliver IT solutions for our product Customer Services. This Product consists of several sub-products like Opportunity Management, Marketing Internet, 360 Fleet Management and Quote and Offer Management. Each sub-product contains IT solutions supporting our customer and end-users. In this role you will support the product team Customer Services in renewal and upgrading these solutions to a state-of-the-art customer facing application landscape.
You will be the right hand to the product owner, assisting in stakeholder management, building up the team and ensuring the solution will meet market and customer expectations. You will be working with feature teams to design and deliver high performing, reusable, reliable solutions. You will monitor their output on adherence with the architectural principles. You will participate in agile ceremonies to enhance architecture, solution patterns and development practices and ensure compliance with our client's standards
The job is fulltime in Breda with about 40%/50% of hours working from home.
More specifically, you will be responsible for and tasked to
- Mentor, guide and advise the Product Owner in defining a product roadmap, identifying a lean solution approach, prioritizing and preparing the related epics and making user stories Ready to Poker.
- Deliver business value by designing, documenting and delivering working solutions and (potential) solution patterns that support the business needs.
- Ensure the application services as well as the provided solutions are consistent with other product areas and adhere to the overall architecture, both in design- and runtime, by working closely together with Enterprise Architects.
- Safeguard compliance with BMW Group policies by designing requirements, guidelines and constraints for non-functional aspects, such as code quality, performance, security, privacy and regulatory needs.
- Advise, challenge, coach, instruct and encourage feature and support teams to build, test and deliver solutions to agreed designs and requirements with the highest effective impact at the lowest cost.
- Drive continuous improvement and accelerate the feedback loop by advising, challenging and supporting business and enterprise architects, business analysts and stakeholders in incorporating lessons learned in improved solution patterns, delivery processes and best practices.
- Define, document and maintain the application and service landscape with a catalogue of reusable, elegant solution patterns, standards and guidelines.
Please send us your recent CV + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded