Software Engineer Python
Oil & Gas
Primary Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience with AWS (or any other cloud platform) •
- Advanced with Amazon Web Services - EC2, S3, Route 53, CloudFormation, Lambda, ECS, Cognito, SQS, SNS, etc. •
- Proficient with Python and Python based REST API framework (Django, Flask) •
- Strong fundamentals in Python (Class and Objects, Functions, Modules) , different data structure & time complexity , multithreading knowledge, garbage collection
- Proficient in modern microservice-based architectures, methodologies and in designing and implementing RESTful web services using JSON.
- Source Control System experience with GitHub or similar and CI/CD experience with Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Unit Testing, Automated Testing, and Test-Driven Development (TDD) for Python using Pyunit or other unit test framework.
- Strong understanding of Agile (Scrum) Methodology
- Accessing data across multiple datastores - SQL, NoSQL and graph databases. Experience with Dynamo DB preferable Good to Have Skills
- Experience with UI development using PyQT , Matplotlib or similar libraries.
- Experience in web UI development using React. js is an advantage.
- Experience in building data ingestion pipelines for different data sources.
- Experience in usage of data structures like Pandas , Data frames , Numpy and understanding of computation time comparisons.
- Ability to work under broad direction and from self-initiation
- Optimism, energy, and resilience in conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strong empathy for people in all types of roles and from all walks of life
- Ability to influence and persuade
- An outcome focused mindset coupled with strong appreciation and commitment to agile WOW
- A hands-on approach to solving problems Special Challenges This role requires working across different languages, nationalities, ethnic and company cultures in a multi-sourcing environment, generally virtually.
Python stack will build cloud backend services running on Serverless services on AWS/Azure on a microservices based architecture. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic exposed as micro services, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests.
- Participate in code reviews and application design discussions.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices.
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation.
- ontribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations.
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premises solutions, cloud and legacy systems.
- Design web-scale and cloud backend services following best coding principles, optimized coding practices and using open source tools & platforms
- Writing code for web applications, coding REST API's, integrating apps with AWS/Azure cloud platforms
- Actively participate in product review meetings and contribute with ideas for improvement
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Proactively identify potential problems and opportunities to improve applications and processes, with emphasis on usability, performance, and security
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Deployment of applications on AWS / Azure or similar platform
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded