Software Engineer DevOps
Oil & Gas
- Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Development background preferred
- Experienced (minimal 4 years) working in CI/CD and different build environments
- Knowledge of how compilation/linking code works on Linux
- Package and deploy software to dev/test environments in both Linux and Windows
- Write/maintain bash scripts to automate build/deploy process on Linux
- Fluently navigate between Linux and Windows Desktop environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in Python
- Strong experience on bash scripting or PowerShell
- Experience with DevOps in Azure cloud.
- Experience with deployment and support of Azure services
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Understanding of Microservice based Architecture
- Ability to implement infrastructure as code. Preference is Terraform knowledge
- An understanding of application security and information security controls
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Azure DevOps , Jenkins (or other similar toolset)
- Data Science platform/tools experience, plus monitoring and logging platforms, will be an advantage
- Good to have RPM package management, sudo/apt/yum, Scons, Mono/dotNet, Node.JS, Linux Admin (root). HP RGS (Remote Graphics usage)
Unfortunately this position is not open to freelancers!
Do you want to work on a team helping to build our clients next generation of applications? Do you want to work with the latest opensource toolset? Join our newly formed Cloud Native Engineering team as a Software Engineer - DevOps. As a DevOps engineer you will join a team who partners with development teams throughout the organization with the goal of improving products and enhancing speed and quality on development and deployment.
On a Normal Day, You Will
- Work with product teams to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability.
- Help product teams to develop and deploy on a cloud native environment
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
- Develop automation of application deployment and configuration
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers and products
- Set up and manage the build and deployment of technical applications on Linux
- Be responsible for keeping the build- and runtime environments healthy.
- Be responsible for building (3rd party) C++ libraries
- Troubleshoot build/deployment errors
- Coach and train developers on DevOps best practices
- Research, develop, configure and implement tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Drive efficiencies in products and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring, backup/restore and root cause analysis.
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.