- Designs&Controller platform features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the function designer. The SW engineer responds to directions from the Function Responsible and the function designer and acts in line with departmental and project processes.
- For day-to-day professional problems the SW engineer consults the Function Responsible and fellow SW engineers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Function Responsible and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns.
- The Controller platform is part of an multifunctional printer/copier/scanner and handles all generic platform activities on the; multifunctional, e.g. OS, drivers, libraries, security, user management, system access, peripherals. These platform activities are part of the engine so-called Controller software, which in its turn handles all logistic behavioral and storage processes of the multifunctional.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the design to be made of feature or function level.
- Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. Especially performance and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
Main experience required
- Has large expertise in used technologies (C#, C++, .NET, Java, and especially Angular); keeps it up-to date. Experience in working in teams. Experience in modern Software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Applied University education in Computer/Software science or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place. Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the used development environment / tools (Visual Studio, TFS).
- Good communicative skills.
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker.
- Proven ability to be very productive and disciplined team player.
- Able to make optimal choice between Quality and Time.
- Able to work in project where not always Functional Specifications or Impact analysis are finalized.
- Not hesitant in retrieving information from other colleagues to get his work done.