Software Configuration Engineer
Do you want to define and manage our configuration baselines to enable efficient test bench & proto integration / customer upgrades and meet the organisations’ quality standards? In this position you get the opportunity to get in the lead.
The Software Configuration Engineer is owner of the system software configuration baseline. The Software Configuration Engineer will develop means and methods for functional configuration management by making the link between system function and software configuration requirements.
It is expected that you can think and work in terms of:
- Make the link between system functions and software configuration requirements
- For the integration PERT and integration plan define pre- and post-conditions on software
- configuration parameters per Integration MileStone (IMS)
- Define the software configuration contents of the IMS-es
- Define the process to release software configuration baselines to the operational sectors
- Develop the tooling necessary to implement functional software configuration management
- Be the owner of the software configuration baselines
Context of the position
Within the organisation, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the products. Within D&E, the Software Cluster is concerned with the design, development, testing and integration of the complete software package which drives a generation of products. In the SW Cluster, the department Software Architecture and Integration (SWAI) is responsible for the utilization and the configuration (hardware and software) of software test tools and the software configuration of the systems used to integrate new developments. The department contributes to an optimal design of the complete product and the creation of the product documentation necessary for pilot production.
Technical Bachelor or Master degree
- System integration and test engineering
- Software development C/C++; scripting languages (Python)
- Software release management
- Configuration management
- Enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- Communication skills, able to defend own opinion
- Proactive attitude, Searching own challenges
- Know how to profile yourself
- Able to prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years
- Ability and willingness to attend additional courses
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.