Our clients' new innovation hubs set out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you’ll be challenged to think and do differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
A designer who can be hands on as well as lead projects? A holistic thinker, looking at, but also beyond the product experience? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design? Someone who has an understanding of business but looks through a human centered lens? A shaper who wants to define the services, ecosystems and propositions of the future? A champion of design that can show the value of service design to one of the world’s biggest companies? Then this is for you.
At a project level:
- Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the desirability workstream. This may involve advocating a design thinking approach, carrying out research in the discovery phase, defining problems, crafting propositions at a service design level and taking a human centered lens to embedding products and services.
- Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities.
- Work with the wider organisation and cross functional project teams to clarify business problems.
At a capability level:
- Work closely with other designers, not just Service designers, to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build.
- Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach to the design lead.
At a strategic level:
- Contribute to shaping the workings of Design in conjunction with other designers.
- A real breadth in your strategic design expertise – from research techniques to workshop facilitation to service design thinking and more importantly, doing.
- The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape.
- The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business.
- The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise.
Nice to have:
- Your experience and ambition is wider than ‘design’ and extends into lean and human centered innovation as well an appreciation of business rigour.
- An appreciation and understanding of UX and digital design practices e.g. design systems, usability testing etc.
- You have worked in/with Product; having some knowledge of Product Management and Agile ways of working including user stories writing, backlog management and acceptance criteria creation.
- A quality of visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful – delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have an understanding or at least appreciation of digital development and technology.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools into where and how we work.
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.