Senior Web Backend Developer 3 fte
Do you want to accelerate the creation of the Internet of Things and the dramatic impact it will have on the economy, science and society as a whole?
Do you believe that it’s not connected devices themselves that are game-changing, but the services and experiences they deliver?
Are you interested in digging deep into “small data” as well as “big data” to deliver meaningful insights on consumers and medical professionals?
Do you want to work in innovative projects in the domains of healthcare, lifestyle and connected products comprising mobile and web solutions?
You will be one of the cloud developers that form a team tailored for a specific mission. You contribute to fast realization of prototypes as well as effective product development, by applying deep engineering knowledge of the most relevant coding platforms and standards, in combination with proven Agile collaboration methods and test-driven development.
As Senior Web Backend Developer in the Cloud engineering group;
• You will actively contribute to all aspects of agile software development: planning, tracking, architecture, development, configuration management, testing, integration, validation, and documentation
• You will be able to formulate the provisional specification of the assignment and draw up the program of activities for own area of responsibility
• It is expected that you suggest improvements in retrospectives and makes a substantial contribution to the innovation of products and process
• Assess, identify and drive competence development of yourself and the team in your technology domain.
• You will assign parts to staff and third parties and provide technical guidance to more junior staff
We are looking for someone with a…
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• At least 8 years of experience in product development as Web Back End Developer, using Java or comparable language
• At least 5 years of experience with cloud architecture and all aspects of it: microservices, APIs, Message Queues, SQL, NoSQL, distributed services, performance, REST, JSON, …
• Experience in coding best practices, such as Test-Driven Development
• An interest and preferably working experience in an Agile software development environment
• Experience in Cloud Foundry and Go are a plus
This role will appeal to you if you…
• Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
• Are curious, open and feel at home in an international environment
• Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.