Senior Software System Architect
Our client brings the most creative minds together in science and technology to develop lithography machines, that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. Our client design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable their customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The Development & Engineering Department in Veldhoven is currently expanding and we are searching for a talented Senior Software System Architect to join our client.
You will be part of our EUV Software System Architects’ group. You will interact with software architects, design engineers and managers from various groups to develop and implement a system architecture in a highly complex multidisciplinary and precise environment.
Together with a talented team of specialists in various domains you will adapt an existing software architecture to the new standards and requirements coming from our clients, whilst keeping in mind the long-term software strategy for our products. The time pressure will be tangible and the quality standards have to be met.
- You will be responsible for the definition and deployment towards the project of increments (work packages) on the software platform for our latest generation EUV scanner products.
- You will incorporate the software functions and Technology Roadmap items into the product.
- You will be responsible for assigning and staffing of technical ownership of SW–PBS at system level.
- You will keep the line and project managers up to date on effort estimates and resources.
- You will do the review of controlling and subsidiary documents.
- You will supervise that the test and system integration runs smoothly.
- On the System Design you will trade-off between HW versus SW solutions on system level.
- Your activity domain consists of over 300 software specialists. Considering the multidisciplinary nature of the job, you will often interact with specialists in physics, chemistry, hardware, performance & integration etc.
· Master with an education in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent experience.
· 10+ years of experience in a large-scale enterprise environment, preferably in a high tech production industry
· Solid System / Product Architecture experience in a complex environment
· Strong knowledge or stakeholder management
· Experienced in setting up the business priorities
· Experience of Agile/scrum methodology and practices
· Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
· Thorough understanding of embedded programming, C/C++, OOP and Linux systems
· Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is preferable.
· Very good people skills: you are a very good negotiator and mediator; you are able to explain complex technical aspects in a simple, understandable manner
· You need to be skilled at seeing things from a helicopter whilst keeping an eye on quality and short-term deliverables.
· You are enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
· You are a highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
· You have a proactive and positive attitude – you have a solution oriented approach
· You are passionate about technical environments and you like to work in a highly complex and multidisciplinary domain.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.