Senior Software Engineer
Hightech manufacturer of printers.
The Controller platform is part of a CPP multifunctional printer/copier/scanner and handles all generic platform activities on the CPP multifunctional, e.g. OS, drivers, libraries, security, user management, system access, peripherals. These platform activities are part of the engines so-called Controller software, which in its turn handles all logistic behavioral and storage processes of the CPP multifunctional.
Your Role as sr. Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer designs Controller platform features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the function designer. The senior SW engineer responds to directions from the Function Responsible can act as or reflects with the function designer and acts in line with departmental and project processes. For day-to-day professional problems the senior SW engineer consults the Function Responsible or fellow SW engineers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Function Responsible and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the design to be made of feature or function level.
- Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. . Especially performance and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- Communicates and interacts with client projects independently
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer/Software science or equivalent and at least 10 years working experience
- Has large expertise in used technologies (C# and/or C++); keeps it up-to date.
- Experience in working in teams.
- Experience in working in software and multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in modern Software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place. Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the used development environment / tools TFS).
- Good communicative skills.
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker.
- Proven ability to be very productive and disciplined team player.
- Be a sparring partner for the other software engineers
- Take initiative
- Able to make optimal choice between Quality and Time.
- Able to work in project where not always Functional Specifications or Impact analysis are finalised.
- Not hesitant in retrieving information from other colleagues to get his work done.
Stuur ons dan uiterlijk 10 maart 2021, voor 18.00 uur je recente CV + motivatie voor deze rol, samen met je beschikbaarheid/geplande vakanties en je all-in uurtarief excl. BTW.
- De locatie van de uit te voeren werkzaamheden kan i.v.m. COVID-19 afwijken
- Gesprekken vinden plaats op woensdag 17 maart tussen 07.00u-09.00u + 13.30u-16.30u en donderdag 18 maart tussen 07.00u-09.00u en 15.00u-16.30u