Senior Software Developer
Oil & Gas
Requirements In this role:
The Developer is expected to have the following skills:
- Experience with object-oriented-system design practices and principles.
- Experience with developing solutions in major object-oriented programming languages relevant to the Techlog and RokDoc development environments (C++, Python).
- Familiar with unit-testing frameworks.
- Effective communication in highly collaborative sessions.
- Ability to break down a higher level requirement into smaller sub-components
- Comfortable working in an Agile software development lifecycle approach delivering working and tested software each iteration or sprint.
Qualification & Education:
- Bachelors of Science (BSc) degree or higher in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Familiar with different application architecture approaches (e.g. Client/Server, Service-Oriented Architecture and Component-Based Architecture) and comfortable progressing work in either approach.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented-design, practices and principles and fluent in relevant object-oriented-languages (e.g. C++, Python).
- Understands the various programming paradigms, such as functional programming, object-oriented programming, generic template programming, etc.
- Ability to express software architecture and design into visual models (e.g. UML).
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior developers.
The senior developer will participate in software modeling sessions, together with Solution Architects and Subject-Matter Experts to analyze the business domain aspects of the end-solution and discover the work that needs to be done in each of the architecture components or tiers. Dimensions The developer will provide input to architecture decisions and help determine an architecture roadmap for the product.
The developer will transform and implement business requirements into high-quality software solutions that will be deployed in the Shell Upstream business. As part of a development (scrum) team, the developer will be collaborating with other Developers, Product Owners, Architects, UX and QA staff to realize elements or subsystems to meet this requirement.
The developer will take part in highly collaborative sessions where a requirement is analyzed and broken down into a set of tasks that will need to be accomplished and addressed incrementally in a series of development iterations or sprints. Acceptance criteria will be defined upfront while analyzing the user requirements together with the team.
The developer will verify and validate the developed code against these acceptance criteria. Only when those criteria are met and acceptance tests pass the work is considered completed. The developer is expected to apply state-of-the art, object-oriented coding practices where every unit is covered by a unit test. The developer will offer his work for review, and will also review the work of colleagues. The developer will use appropriate IT tooling to manage his or her work on a daily basis. Dimensions
The Developer will function within a small product scrum team (5-7 staff). The Product Owner of the team will maintain the interface with the business stakeholders and will make sure team priorities are aligned with business priorities and strategies. The team will have daily stand-up sessions where the developer will update on progress, and will indicate impediments to further progress the work.
Please send us your recent CV (word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.