Senior Software Designer
The assignment is to develop a solution for the automation of programming, configuration and verification of life critical medical device for an external healthcare customer.
Within the Application Software group, as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Designer who will work in a small team on the development of a solution for the automation of medical device programming, configuration and verification for an external healthcare customer.
As a Senior Software Designer you are responsible for:
• Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
• Collaborating closely with the customer, ensuring you are building the right thing
• The design, realization, integration, and test of (embedded) systems or subsystems
• Inspiring and supporting your engineering team
• Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
• Steering the planning process in the role of a project leader.
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
• Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists.
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on a highly innovative, tailor-made proposition, so an entrepreneurial mindset is a requirement. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn’t run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We are looking for
• You have a Master Degree in SW Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in (networked) prototype or product development
• Someone with a proactive mind set / can do mentality
• Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum/Extreme Programming
• Profound experience with C# programming language
• Someone who is willing to refactor relentlessly to obtain clean code and demands the same from their peers
• Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design
• You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
• Strong technical skills in SW development on a Windows platform
• Experience in interfacing with other high-level systems using different technologies (TCP, HTTP, …)
• Experience in working in a highly regulated (preferably medical) environment is preferable.
• Familiarity with C/C++ and RTOS is desirable
This role will appeal to you if you ….
• Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
• Value your soft skills as much as you do your technical skills
• Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
• Have an affinity with innovative development projects and feel comfortable with relatively vague requirements
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.