Senior JEE Designer
Our client has an installed base of hundreds of scanner systems worldwide. In order to meet uptime contract agreements the system down-time must be kept to an absolute minimum. The traditional way to diagnose a system failure is to send engineers to a failing machine and let them execute the diagnostics and calibration procedures using a set of procedures and software tools.
This way-of-working introduces travel time and relies on the skills of individual engineers.
Our client is about to change that way of working by introducing a server on-site that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer domain. The server must detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what corrective actions are needed via a knowledge and procedure database. In the calibration phase this server will initiate the required service actions on the scanner with correct settings and timings (which is highly configuration dependent).
The software running on that server will be JEE based. Core aspects of the design will be database management and information distribution (worldwide), performance efficient data collection schemes and data to information transitions.
A team of architects has been working out the high level concepts and some parts of the software are being build and tested now. PC based Java versions are available and now to be migrated to client-server. The team needs to scale up with 2 or more developers/engineers that have profound JEE knowledge and are eager to become part of this product development team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the architects in the translation from high level design to work-break down.
- Writing and updating detailed Element Design Specification Documents
- Code development in JEE.
- Interface Design between JAVA EE modules and when needed the ASML factory SAP environment.
- Define test strategies and if needed execution of software tests, set-up (automated) testing
- Commercial experience with Java – strong preference for Java 8, Java 6 or 7 acceptable.
- Knowledge regarding design patterns in Java. CQRS, Event Sourcing, DDD are some patterns/techniques we employ.
- Experience on code refactoring.
- Knowledge of IOC/Dependency injection with CDI or Spring.
- Experience with REST and SOAP/Web Services (JAX-RS and JAX-WS respectively).
- Extensive knowledge of the “Spring” libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with event-based systems.
- Experience with message-oriented middleware or ESBs.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Experience with Java application servers and/or JEE servers, any of:
JBoss (a.k.a Wildfly)
BEA/Oracle Web Logic
Apache Tomcat or TomEE
- JPA experience with “Hibernate”. We use this API to interact with the database.
- Apache Maven or Gradle as a build and dependency management tool.
- Git as the source code control system.
- Atlassian tool suite that includes BitBucket/Stash, Confluence and JIRA.
- Configuration management experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Master or Bachelor
- 6 Years or more of relevant working experience
- Hard requirements: 4 Years or more hands on experience in development in similar technologies.
- Flexible person, able to work on multiple deliverables, issues in parallel.
- Can do mentality, picks up the tasks that are needed regardless of the content
- Eager, enthusiastic.
- Willing to participate in a project that will take multiple years to complete.
- Works in close cooperation with the project leader, signals bottlenecks on times and with potential solution options.
Interested in this function?
Send your resume and motivation, availability/planned vacations and hourly rate.
Stuur een recent CV + motivatie (verplicht!), beide in het Engels, samen met je CV, motivatie, beschikbaarheid en uurtarief (inclusief reis-en verblijf en exclusief btw).