Oil & Gas
Skills and Requirements:
- Education: Relevant university degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
- Total work experience: 10 to 15 years with at least 5+ years of direct experience as a Scrum Master for cross-functional agile teams delivering large scale projects
- First level Scrum Master certification is required (CSM, PSM1)
- Experience working on a virtual, distributed SCRUM development teams
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP-SM, PSM II) would be considered a strong asset, as would additional certifications (CSPO, KMP, SAFe)
- Previous experience with object-oriented software development using C#, Microsoft .NET Framework, MVC Framework, Entity Framework, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, Azure DevOps Release Pipelines, Kendo UI, Git would be considered an asset
- Experience developing applications for the Oil and Gas or Energy sectors would be considered an asset
We are looking for a certified senior Scrum Master with deep experience guiding software development teams on scrum practices. Working on a global, distributed team, the Scrum Master will work to build a trusting environment, developing and coaching one or more teams on scrum practices and removing impediments for the teams developing and supporting applications (Shell or 3rd party) within Shell's Proactive Technical Monitoring application portfolio.
The Scrum Master will lead software development teams to execute standard software engineering methodology (Scrum) to deliver incremental releases which include product enhancements and bug fixes, according to a defined roadmap that is agreed with the Technology Manager and key business user communities. Key applications in this portfolio are geared towards asset and equipment Surveillance and Monitoring. These systems are typically deployed globally across most Upstream and Downstream facilities at Shell.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a diverse, globally distributed (not co-located) Scrum development team developing advanced, enterprise web-based applications
- Guide one or more teams on how to best use Scrum practices and values in the software development cycle
- Remove impediments to allow your team to succeed and facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution • Facilitate all scrum ceremonies, building a trusting environment where every voice is heard • Assist with internal and external communication, including communication to stakeholders, and end users
- Navigate the team through uncertainty, risk, and complexity and communicate risks to required stakeholders
- Support the Product Owner with development and refinement of product backlog items
- Support the team(s) using a servant leadership style
- Coach one or more teams to achieve higher levels of Scrum maturity Dimensions:
- Outstanding English communication and interpersonal skills are required for engagement with various global business stakeholders. Outstanding facilitation skills are required. You must have extensive experience working and communicating with a variety of cultures, across time zones.
- You must possess strong relationship/stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in a culturally diverse organization.
- You should have strong leadership skills and experience leading as a servant leader, with proven ability to facilitate getting work done without formal leadership.
- You must have extensive experience working as a scrum master in a globally distributed (not co-located), virtual environment.
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded