Reliability engineer for printhead development
During the development of a new generation printhead based on new technologies we encounter many reliability issues like lifetime issues, early failures and wear out. Within the quality and reliability (Q&R) function of this printhead we try to identify the failure mechanisms in an early stage of the development to reduce costs of non-quality in a later stage of the printhead production. Within this function you are responsible for the reliability program during the development stage of this printhead which consists out of two main tasks. The first task is too guarantee that the printhead meets its reliability requirements. To achieve this you must be able to develop, execute and analyze HALT, MEOST, HAST and/or ALT tests and perform root cause analysis on failed products to identify the weak links in the design. The second task is to support other project functions in performing the right lifetime tests on part level to guarantee a sufficient lifetime in the end product by performing FMEA's and define the right test for parts with critical to lifetime functionality.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for the reliability engineering part of a new printhead development with MEMS technology
- Define, execute and analyze reliability tests on printheads as complete products
- Support project functions with realizing reliable printhead parts
- Root cause analysis on defect products
Position & team
- Member of the Quality and Reliability (Q&R) function of the MEMS Printhead. The Q&R function is a small function within a project of ~50 multidisciplinary people divided over other functions. A lot of interaction with these other functions is required.
Education & experience
- HBO or WO in physics or chemistry
Nice to have
- Relevant reliability trainings
- Experience with MEMS products
- Familiar with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Familiar with Highly Accelerated Life Tests (HALT) and/or Highly Accelerated Stress Tests (HAST);
Person properties & competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Analysis
Our client prefers candidates who are open for a contract after a period of 12 months (detavast), but this is no must. Please mention if you are interested in detavast or not.
Stuur ons asap je recente CV + motivatie voor deze rol, samen met je beschikbaarheid/geplande vakanties en je all-in uurtarief excl. BTW.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.