Product Owner BDA
- Minimal Viable Product mindset
- Acts as the voice of the customer and communicates why deliverables are important
- Is present to answer questions from the team
- Makes sound decisions to give direction to the team
- Looks forward to the next iteration, breaking down the large work items into small ones
- Contributes to refinement of the work items
- Ensures focus of the team on PI deliverables and keeps the team from getting distracted
- Challenges the team in view of the Agile key performance indicators towards greater efficiency
- Chairs the team demo
- Prioritized and clear deliverables on the team backlog
- Long term plan incl estimate to completion for his team
- Breakdown of large work items into smaller ones
- Acceptance criteria for the work items
- A list of work items on the backlog for the next program increment, in line with the program increment planning and train backlog
- Informed and aligned stakeholders on the status of deliverables
- Managed dependencies, escalates to Chief Product Owner
- Acceptance of team deliverables
I have the best job in the world because..
- I am responsible for ensuring that my scrum team does what is best for the client
- I can explain how the team’s work adds value for our customer
- I am the person who balances business context, technical excellence and effort by managing the team backlog
- I am the linking pin between the business context of our deliverables and the execution of them
- I can use my customer/stakeholder insights to set direction to the team deliverables and explain it to the team as well as to the Project Lead / Epic Owner
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in technical / technical business area.
- > 3 years of experience in Agile/Scrum/DevOps/SAFe
- Knowledge and experience of the client (products) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Azure Cloud
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Minimal Viable Product thinking
- Long term planning
- can do mentality
- decision making
- Understanding the business context
- Effectively communicate, interact with design projects and operational sectors.
- Stakeholder management
- Problem solving mentality
- Pro-active and persistent attitude
- Entrepreneur to identify related improvement opportunities to improve the client’s business
Introduction to the job
Are you an experienced product owner, with proven experience in Agile/Scrum, SAFe and/or DevOps? Do you like to work on unstructured / big data solutions (machine data). Would you like to work cross-sector and/or cross-business line and bridge the gaps?
If so, this might the right role for you!
Role and responsibilities
Your role is to become the Product Owner of 2 DevOps teams within a SAFe ART, bridging the gap between the customers who have a long list of wishes, and the team who has to deliver successful products in increments. While the team is an independent and multi-disciplinary group of people, you decide on priority of items on the backlog trying to maximize the added value to our customers. To help the team understanding your decisions, it is important to form and convey your goals and vision every sprint, keeping both customers and team happy.
Within the spirit of Machine Data Value Stream, you always aim to define and implement the appropriate structural improvements to prevent re-occurrence in the future.
The Product Owner (PO) works with the scrum team to deliver items that create the most value for the client
- End2end ownership of team deliverables; the team is responsible for the delivery
- Balances the client priorities at team level: (system) function roadmap, program deliverables, architecture, factory and field feedback
- Creates long term plan incl estimate to completion for the team and aligns it with Solution Owners
- Manages (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the ART), x-sector deliverables, co-developers and suppliers (delivery, time, cost), stakeholders and escalations
- Communicates and sets the priorities of the team backlog and ensure the scrum team understands why it is important for ASML
- Cooperates with the Scrum Master to drive the team towards results and identify team improvements
- Teams up with other (Chief) Product Owners to align on priorities of the Agile Release Train (ART) and team backlog
- Slices the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the team
- Prepares the team backlog for the upcoming sprint and ensures its properly prioritized for the next iteration
- Quality product wise (proxy of customer): facilitates the evaluation and acceptance of the sprint deliverables:
- Works with the Chief Product Owner to understand priorities for the next Program Increment (PI), prepares the team backlog for PI planning and breaks down the larger work items into small ones
- Ensures that backlog items have requirements, acceptance criteria and ensures that the team understands them
- Reporting to Group Leader, operationally to Chief Product Owner.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.