Product Manager Advanced Analytics
Technical and Competitive IT (TaCIT) delivers differentiated capabilities by combining complimentary Technical, business, and IT skills together to create, deploy, and support cutting-edge IT solutions.
VP Digitalisation (PTT/D) organisation is accountable for refreshing and maturing targeted Technology Innovation Themes and related technology platforms along with the capability build through Centres of Expertise (CoE) necessary for leveraging digital technologies across RDS.
The Advanced Analytics CoE (AA COE) is a part of the VP Digitalisation (PTT/D) organisation within TaCIT and is accountable for developing innovative advanced analytics capabilities, maturing them, and transitioning them to the analytics organisations within the broader IT function. The Advanced Analytics CoE works with the innovation team and the other CoEs within the VP Digitalisation organisation (Mobility, Computation etc.) to develop innovative digital products.
Within the AA COE organisation, the Product team is responsible for selecting and managing the pipeline of new advanced analytics projects during their incubation stage, overseeing the progression of opportunities between phases of maturity (POC > Pilot > Production), managing the engagements with businesses, IT Managers and Innovation Advisors and supporting the identification of high-potential value new opportunities through engagement with different stakeholders.
The Product Team leverages the Data Science, Data Engineering and Software Engineering teams to ensure that appropriate technical support is provided throughout the lifecycle of Advanced Analytics projects.
The Product Team team also works closely with the AA COE Scale-Up team to ensure that successful analytics prototypes are effectively transitioned to support as part of IT projects and programmes. The Product Team also has a market facing role, to test and trial new AA technologies at market that might be relevant to the business problems and are differentiated to the current technology stack. The team also has an internal facing role to manage the Advanced Analytics Network and Advanced Analytics Annual Summit.
The Advanced Analytics Product Manager – Natural Language Processing (NLP) role supports with definition the NLP strategy for Advanced Analytics, and the framing, delivery and management of Advanced Analytics projects, and will be assigned a programme of work, organised around a key functional analytics theme (in this case NLP). They will report into the Product Team Lead.
- NLP Product Management
- Identification, valuation and framing of new advanced analytics opportunities within any business area
- Agile delivery and management of these NLP opportunities through the AA pipeline, in accordance with Pipeline management principles and reporting tools
- Assure the quality of the delivery of advanced analytics PoCs within IT & TaCIT
- Develop products that can be easily scaled, replicated and reused
- Understand current state-of-the-art, developments and practical applications of NLP in industry, technology vendors, academia and open source libraries to ensure that PoCs are both leveraging the best algorithms and technology solutions and are grounded in what is realistically achievable.
- Partner and instill learnings and best practice across Digital
Main accountabilities and activities of the position:
- Product Management
- You will be a rock-star agile PM – define clear user stories through ambiguity, manage cross-functional technical and non-technical work streams, and chase down strategic objectives (which may be loosely defined). Able to lead the front and back-end team
- You will support Process, Management and Requirement Definition enhancements
- You will have deep experience in developing NLP Advanced Analytics solutions, using standard frameworks, toolkits and libraries
- You will have a good understanding of leading NLP vendor solutions and able to quickly and realistically assess new solution offerings
- You will have a good understanding of the potential utility, limitations and challenges of a wide range of NLP techniques and keep abreast of new developments in academic research and industry applications
- You will need to be a seamless interface towards senior stakeholders in IT and the business to define and co-shape advanced analytics innovation opportunities (business managers, IT Managers, Innovation Advisors etc.)
- You will need to be a master of effective project framing & valuation of advanced analytics opportunities – calculating costs vs benefits across each of the project’s phases
- You will help steer and shape the development of the Innovation pipeline around NLP advanced analytics (both in terms of new technologies and in terms of business applications)
- You will need to seamlessly manage the performance and reporting of progress of your projects as they move through the pipeline
- You will be responsible for successful handover of your successful PoCs to the Scale-Up team
- You will need to learn new skills and nurture new capabilities in your project teams to take advantage of emerging NLP technologies – which training programmes will support you with
- You will lead core proof-of-concept activities to demonstrate new technologies and approaches
- You will need to work with our ecosystem of partners and academics to derive the most value for the organisation and specific learning for your team
- You will proactively set-up meetings, one-on-one sessions and events that help create change and improvement
- You will transfer your knowledge and enthuse team members to try new approaches and techniques
- Planning effectively, executing efficiently, and reporting-out to the very highest levels
- Knowing when and how to kill a POC that won’t progress to plan
- Reducing complex ideas to simple, understandable language and objectives
- Translating business concepts into advanced analytics projects with specific NPV value
- Being both a technical analytics SME and compelling data story-teller
- Tenacity to drive projects, significant wins and outcomes in the face of barriers
- Envisioning and rapidly prototyping IT innovation ideas into deployable solutions
- Restlessly entrepreneurial
- Passionately advocating innovation and building the Digital story
- Being an ideas factory – reading, learning, trying, suggesting and partnering across our team and network
- Over-sharing – ideas, plans, approaches…you are confident to take the decision, but secure enough to ask for the team’s input first
- Product Vision, strategy, roadmap, Agile (ideally PMI-ACP certified), DevOps
- User stories and prioritization, defining and measuring success metrics, stakeholder product reviews
- Domain experience: Energy, Retail
- Open Source Platforms\Frameworks for NLP
- Programming Languages
- Machine Learning and AI: Neural Networks, NLP with API.ai / Lex or equivalents
- Experience of NLP based Artificial Intelligent solutions (e.g. chatbots) would be highly desirable
- Experience managing relationships and influencing at the senior executive level
- Adept at framing business problems and identifying value from Advanced Analytics
- Experience of using design-thinking to generate ideas and frame problems effectively
- Expert communications and data-storytelling skills
- Comfortable to work with global stakeholders, internally and externally
- Experience of working in a global business environment/different cultures
- Ability to truly understand business drivers in strongly technical oriented organization
Interested? Please send us your English CV, motivation and hourly rate.