Oil & gas
Following our client’s refreshed strategy, the HR Function is set out to deliver greater business impact and improved employee experience, safely and more affordably. They are committed to refresh their People Strategy, optimise their HR organisation to deliver greater impact at less cost and more effectively leverage technology for a better user experience and simpler processes
.The HR Transformation Programme team is responsible for planning and delivering these important changes in HR – working closely with colleagues and Subject Matter Experts across the Function and ensuring that they draw in best practice from their peers in the continued Journey to World Class HR.
Following Group Investment Proposal approval, the Programme team was put in place under the leadership of the HR Transformation Programme Manager, who is accountable to the HR Transformation DRB and HRE for the delivery of planned changes while realising expected business benefits. PMO Advisor is a role in the Programme Management Office of the programme.
The PMO supports the Programme Leadership and PMO Lead with a focus on integration activities across the programme work-streams. Activities include resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management, reporting, and quality assurance.
The scope of the role will include a subset of the following activities:
- Support the PMO Lead and work-streams to define, sequence, and estimate resources, activities, and durations to develop a baseline schedule. Track and manage activity progress, dependencies and deviations.
- Produce programme reports and ensure that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
- Capture and track risks and issues. Maintain change logs.
- Examine project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy.
- Effectively use tools like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project) and required templates to create and manage project deliverables.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of a PMO environment and toolset which is fit for purpose for the program. Ensures effective usage of the toolset and that adequate processes, assurance, reporting, communication, data, etc. are in place.
- Support the PMO Lead to manage the resource plan, for example, through initiating project resource requests to suppliers and monitoring timecards.
- Support the PMO Lead to create a project budget and work through approval processes to agree the budget. Track, report on, and reconcile actual costs and revenues across the project lifecycle.
- Proactively ensure project Assurance compliance.
- Facilitate programme meetings and track minutes and actions.
- Coordinate mandatory reviews and audits on schedule and according to procedure. Track resultant recommendations and actions necessary to address shortcomings.
- Facilitate meetings to ensure that work activities are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
- Onboard new staff and familiarise with the programme approach and management processes.
- Assist with the logistics and operations of the project Governance structure. Support the PMO Lead to generate effective reporting and presentation material.
- Ensure compliance with the programme approach through setting up appropriate repositories and data entries, maintaining quality data, and making sure that required deliverables are created, reviewed and approved.
Report line to Programme Management Office Lead for HR Transformation Programme, within HR Strategy. Work in close collaboration with the work-stream PMO leads.
The core Programme team is based primarily in The Hague with additional team hubs in London, Krakow and Bangalore (for IT). Non-Hague based staff will need to travel periodically to the Hague for initial onboarding and key project engagements.
Skills & Requirements
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Ability to plan, track and report on project activities
- Ability to prepare management information for senior stakeholders, working with project team members to gather and understand content
- Proven ability to work in a virtual environment – in a team and with project stakeholders
- English (written and verbal good).
The following would be advantageous:-
- Project Management or PMO experience. Previous experience gained at our client is preferable.
- Familiarity with our clients specific or external project management methodologies (e.g. clients PDF), templates, tools and assurance processes.
- Familiarity with and confidence in liaising with a broad range of HR and IT stakeholders including 3rd party providers, and with end-to-end HR and/or IT operational delivery models
- Formal project management accreditation (PMI-PMP or Prince 2)
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded