Platform Development Expert (C++)
As a Platform Development Expert you will join the software facilities team where you will have a key role in enabling, mediating and creating technical solutions which in turn will serve multiple software groups. Our technical teams will rely upon your technical expertise as well as your strong ability to see the greater good among multiple technical challenges.
Working within the EUV Source Computer Systems team of approx. 15 people you will be working on providing and improving the operating system(s), virtualization, system installation, patching, backing-up, providing API for other layers and networking.
You will handle End-of-Life issues, assist the Architect in designing new features and directly pick up critical issues with our prototypes. You will be working on correct configuration of Operating Systems, manage network equipment, developing portability layers, providing functionality for system diagnostics. Optionally, if it is in line with your ambition, you will be aligning with our sub-contractors in the work we ask them to execute for us (outsourcing).
As a Platform Development Expert you will regularly provide feedback on progress and technical content to the Project/team Leader as well as the team of Software Engineers who will
implement the proposed changes.
It’s crucial to have a constant communication with your stakeholders on the progress and specification status to ensure no-one is surprised or disappointed. These stakeholders include the software development partners, but also our factory and customer support representatives.
We are proud of our team. We hire talented, motivated people and give them responsibility and the autonomy to innovate. We like people with a ‘can-do’ attitude and we want people who are inquisitive, hungry and eager to grow with us.
- Gather input/requirements, contacting relevant stakeholders
- Create next level (detailed) designs.
- Implement requirements in line with the created designs.
- Validate implementations
- Vendor selection for off-the-shelf software products.
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and development in large-scale enterprise environments
- Experience with Operating Systems (Linux, RTOS, VxWorks is a pre), C/C++, Scripting (Python), scheduling, resource monitoring, diagnostics, system debugging
- Knowledge of Python and C is a big advantage
- ClearCase / Git
- Agile WOW – scrum/Kanban
- Strategic thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan, you like to see how things will evolve and what their impact will be.
- Good listening skills, creative thinking, you like to come with innovative technical solutions
- Very good communication & diplomacy skills
- Helicopter view
Stuur ons asap je recente CV + motivatie voor deze rol, beide in het Engels, samen met je beschikbaarheid/geplande vakanties en je all-in uurtarief excl. BTW.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.
This is a ‘detavast’ request: Our client prefers candidates who are open to a contract with our client after a period of 12 months. This is no must, please mention if this is an option for you, or not.