Are you a NMR specialist, eager to support innovations and product development? Do you bring along a passion for measurements and methods as well as drive to solve complex research problems? Apply for this job!
Your role as NMR Specialist
The role of NMR specialist is crucial for the development of new type of inks for an increasing
application range. Your researching mindset, strong planning skills and your eye for details enable you to be successful in this role.
For product development projects and within your team you are the expert in this arena. With your experience gained, you are able to tackle analytical challenges and develop new measuring methods. In this role you
- handle and perform a variety of analyses requests for research and development projects
- develop and transfer new measurement methods and protocols
- perform research as well as contribute to maintenance and improvement of the equipment involved
- are responsible for the planning and execution of raw materials analyses to support the production of inks
- analyze chemical matter with modern data analyses techniques
To be successful in this role you have to develop a good understanding of what is going on in the different teams within both R&D and production. Also, you make sure you are up to date with the latest developments in your area of expertise and develop further methods, analyses and protocols to support projects in the best possible way.
What do we have to offer you?
We offer you a challenge in a knowledge-based and informal organization where you create and share knowledge, translate this knowledge into innovation and interface with different product development projects. This makes that your role is crucial for the development and success of our future applications and products. Moreover, we expect you to influence and improve future products by making smart decisions balancing feasibility and market focus.
Part of our Research & Development organization, the department Analysis & Measurements (appr. 35 employees) contributes to product developments and research subjects from an expertise point of view. The department houses several specialist measurement techniques, develops and ensures sufficient knowledge on crucial subjects related to printing technologies and maintains relations with external (research) partners. Within this department you are part of the Chemical Analysis team.
Who are we looking for?
You bring along passion for analytical chemistry and measurement tooling combined with an entrepreneurial attitude and drive for results.
Furthermore, you meet the following criteria:
- You have a BSc or MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or similar.
- Proven track record showing extensive knowledge of and experience with NMR spectroscopy (5+ years for BSc, 3+ years for MSc).
- Proven affinity for analyses and measurements.
- Strong organizing and decision making skills and pragmatic with an analytical view.
- Excellent communication skills in English - verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Reside in the Netherlands or nearby Venlo.
Our client is looking for candidates that are willing to sign a contract with after 12 months: detavast.
This is not obligatory, but we have to make it clear of a candidate is willing to work for the client, or not.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.