Highh tech manufacturer of printers.
As engineer you work in a multidisciplinary team responsible for realizing the mechatronic systems, including the drives and sensors. You design, simulate and verify your designs and you use experiments to back up your ideas. You have a sound knowledge of control systems, motors, encoders, but also the electrical interfacing hardware. The job will require you to work from an early project phase up to the final phases where the mechatronic system has to be industrialized.
In this job you experiment, understand and invent. You are able to analyze a complex problem to the root cause, and define new solutions - breakthroughs, achieving new levels of quality or enabling new technology. You work closely with mechanical, software, electrical hardware, firmware engineers and also architects.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the design to be made of feature or function level.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Gather requirements of the functional applications.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
Main experience required
- Experience in multidisciplinary mechatronic designs, especially in sensors and drives
- Basic knowledge of classic feedback control (PID) and feedforward
- Pre: Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink
- Knowledge of drive related electronics.
- Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Bachelor degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Pre: experience interacting with parts of the organization outside R&D (e.g. production, purchasing)
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker.
- Ownership, taking initiative
- Able to work in project where not always Functional Specifications or Impact analyses are finalized.
- Not hesitant in retrieving information from other colleagues to get his work done.
Let op; gesprekken vinden plaats op woensdag 26 juni. Gelieve hier in agenda rekening mee te houden.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.