Linux Engineer / Virtualization expert
We are Applications - a new business line within the organization, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible. Currently we're looking for a senior Linux networking and visualisation expert; will you be our new colleague?
The mission of a Network Infrastructure and Virtualization Specialist is to design and develop the Litho Computing Platform; a blade server rack with a VMWARE virtualization layer. This is a high available network cluster that hosts the Litho Insight Optimizer applications, Yieldstar Recipe Applications as well as several other applications. All need to be available 99.9% of the time. Expert level knowledge is necessary. Direct interfacing with Supplier, Customer support as well as (IT dept of) the customer
The job consists of following activities:
- Document technical solutions according the WOW
- Manage patch process: maintain the list of patches (Patch Train), organize and lead Patch start and Stop meetings
- Execute Alpha tests for the patches
- Help develop the LCP product thereby handling the design in of changed components on behalf of EOL’s
- Troubleshoot internal network and infrastructure problems that hinder the proper working of the LCP or the availability and/or performance specifications of the Applications running in the Virtual Machines on the LCP’s.
- Technical interface to Customer Support and assist them in troubleshooting operational issues at the customer site
- Setup and maintain the monitoring framework for the critical resources in the LCP (Network bandwidth, CPU Load, Memory Usage, Health of Hardware components).
- Assist application developers with the requirements for the application monitoring
- Assist in software tool development.
-Linux expert (Red Hat Enterprise)
Certification on at least one of the above
- 5+ years of experience with Linux in an IT Infrastructure. Experience with Network components (Switches, Firewalls, VLANs, Traffic Shaping / Managing)
- Experience with Virtualization Environments.
- Affinity or experience in a big data environment is a plus.
- Experience with software development / high level scripting (preferably in Java)
Preferable knowledge of:
- Nagios / Zabbix / Wireshark / TCPDUMP, Network Security Monitoring, Auditing, VRRP
- Cloud computing components
- Storage Solutions
- HA production environments, Mission critical systems
- Red Hat package management
- Perl / Python / BASH
- Analytical thinker
- 'Can do’ attitude but very careful and aware of the impact of changes
- Good communicator
- (performance) troubleshooting skills
Stuur ons asap je recente CV + motivatie voor deze rol, beide in het Engels, samen met je beschikbaarheid/geplande vakanties en je all-in uurtarief excl. BTW.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.
This is a ‘detavast’ request: Our client prefers candidates who are open to a contract with our client after a period of 12 months. This is no must, please mention if this is an option for you, or not.