Lead Segment Architect
Oil & Gas
- Able to explain and apply the main architecture processes in the organisation and explain the value. The client uses the TOGAF framework as a reference.
- Strategic thinker, able to develop and articulate a vision and direction in complex organisational and (IT) technical situations
- Strong communications and stakeholder management skills. Able to articulate a vision and build support for that vision in the wider team and organization.
- Ability to self-start and direct efforts based on high-level business objectives
- Strong people skills with the ability to coach and influence teams (without direct line authority) to meet new challenges.
- Able to provide strong input and guidance on integration patterns and tooling
- Maintains an active view of the external market development and integrates these in the delivery of segment architectures
- Uses relevant guidelines, standards, reference architecture, tools, templates and stored artefacts to deliver architecture (solution, data, technical) in projects.
- Able to assess vulnerability of technology and to explain relevant IRM strategy for Architecture
Unfortunately this position is not open to freelancers!
The Lead Segment Architect is responsible for a segment of business or clientwide aspect of architecture. Responsible for E2E technical design (integration, hosting security etc.) for a project or IT product. Diagnoses and solves significant, complex and non-routine problems; translates practices from elsewhere (other markets, countries and industry) and provides authoritative, technical recommendations which have a significant impact on business performance in short and medium term; authors company standards and procedures. Actively identifies new approaches that enhance and simplify where possible client's complex IT Architecture. Represents the Company as the authority in the defined area and acts as a role model to develop experts within this area. Empowered to make decisions on solutions within guidelines or slightly beyond - can sign off exceptions within reason. Recognised as expert, provides authoritative advice to respective Business. Adapts industry and internal practices to solve complex technical problems and drive new processes and solutions (including developing TOE standards). Influences the redesign of business processes and related business data by interfacing with Process Owners and Information & Data Definition Owners, and other relevant stakeholders. Manages the relation with a customer base on very senior levels of business leadership. Develops medium-term IT architecture / strategies in line with overall client strategy.
The Lead Segment Architect will have a strong technical background of implementing complex and robust enterprise wide architectures and will be expected to work the relationship angle as well as be the designer. Focus will be on the broader context of IT4IT. The core system in place is ServiceNow.
- Work with the Business Lead architect as well as the Segment Architect to develop and maintain the segment architecture, application portfolio inventory, landscape diagrams and lifecycle maps for the applications within the portfolio.
- Identify and propose potential portfolio changes and improvements, including decommissioning. Develop and maintain application roadmaps for the portfolio.
- Provide consultancy on architecture and portfolio matters. This includes, but is not limited to benchmarking of the portfolio against external practice; externalization efforts to keep a highly visible external perspective; advise on any project issues; advise touch points with other Lines of Business and opportunities to leverage applications, processes etc.
- Work closely with other Segment Architects and to assure an efficient application landscape and adherence to prevailing standards and guidelines.
- Ensure architecture artifact quality and retention in BiZZdesign
- Facilitate Architecture Risk Assessments on projects, and conduct Assurance Reviews and Stage Gate signoff for medium and low risk projects, involving data, technical and integration architects as needed
- Provide support to Solution Architects, including overall development and coordination of solution architects working in the portfolio (e.g., coaching, mentoring, input on resourcing decisions.)
Please send us your recent CV (word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.