Java JEE Designer
The organisation has an installed base of hundreds of scanner systems worldwide. In order to meet uptime contract agreements the system down-time must be kept to an absolute minimum. The traditional way to diagnose a system failure is to send engineers to a failing machine and let them execute the diagnostics and calibration procedures using a set of procedures and software tools.
This way-of-working introduces travel time and relies on the skills of individual engineers.
The organisation is about to change that way of working by introducing a server on-site that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer domain.
The server must detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what corrective actions are needed via a knowledge and procedure database. In the calibration phase this server will initiate the required service actions on the scanner with correct settings and timings (which is highly configuration dependant). The software running on that server will be JEE based. Core aspects of the design will be database management and information distribution (worldwide), performance efficient data collection schemes and data to information transitions. A team of architects has been working out the high level concepts and some parts of the software are being build and tested now. PC based Java versions are available and now to be migrated to client-server. The team needs to scale up with developers/engineers that have profound JEE knowledge and are eager to become part of this product development team.
- Support the architects in the translation from high level design to work-break down.
- Writing and updating detailed Element Design Specification Documents
- Code development in JEE.
- Interface Design between JAVA EE modules and when needed the ASML factory SAP environment.
- Define test strategies and if needed execution of software tests, set-up (automated) testing.
MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Commercial experience with Java – strong preference for Java 8 (Java is 7 acceptable)
- Knowledge regarding design patterns in Java.
- Experience on code refactoring.
- Knowledge of IOC/Dependency injection with CDI or Spring.
- Experience with REST and SOAP/Web Services (JAX-RS and JAX-WS respectively).
- Knowledge of the “Spring” libraries and frameworks, specific.
- Knowledge and experienced in Angular and Bootstrap solutions
- Experience with event-based systems.
- Experience with message-oriented middleware or ESBs.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Experience with Java application servers and/or JEE servers, any of:
JBoss (a.k.a Wildfly)
BEA/Oracle Web Logic
Apache Tomcat or TomEE
- JPA experience with “Hibernate”. We use this API to interact with the database.
- Apache Maven or Gradle as a build and dependency management tool.
- Git as the source code control system.
- Atlassian tool suite that includes BitBucket/Stash, Confluence and JIRA.
- Configuration management experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Flexible person, able to work on multiple deliverables, issues in parallel.
- Can do mentality, picks up the tasks that are needed regardless of the content
- Eager, enthusiastic.
- Willing to participate in a project that will take multiple years to complete.
- Works in close cooperation with the project leader, signals bottlenecks on times and with potential solution options.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.