Java Engineer (iGrade)
Our client is a leading provider of business mobility solutions and part of the Financial Services Sector of BMW Group. A significant part of the Alphabet IT Department is located in Breda from where IT Services are developed and delivered for the European market. High customer satisfaction, agile delivery and robust IT solutions are very relevant for the BMW Group.
The IT Delivery Center Netherlands in Breda is positioned to support other BMW entities in their needs. In collaboration with one of the headquarter departments we are supporting an internal Innovation and Incubator program to build and deliver MVPs for innovative ideas in the financial services domain.
More specifically, you will:
· Extend the Continuous Integration Platform based on the existing BMW SF CI;
· Perform technical maintenance (e.g. SLES12-Update, MQ-Migrations, ...) preparation, planning and coordinating efforts with providers for deploying and supporting software updates;
· Align alternatives for technical implementation with providers (options on authentication, WSDL changes, technical protocols);
· Take care of test environments: Integration of market system in our TEST/INT-environment;
· Setup test environments: integration of market systems into our TEST / INT environment;
· Manage test environments;
· Maintain test data in TEST/ ITN --> e.g. cleansing of not used tables and views;
· Communicate issues and areas of concern with stakeholders;
· Support the team on IT security an compliance topics and implications.
We are looking for a Java Engineer who can fulfill the role of maintenance manager for the new iGrade application. In this role you will be supporting a migration from SHS Guardian to CRIF’s iGrade. This solution must enable BMW to rate and assess credit requests of our customers, preferably with fully automatic credit decision rules, when they apply for a lease. This solution will be deployed to Belgium and Netherlands in 2022. You will support this further rollout by 1. Coordinating configuration of iGrade for the local market with the provider and 2. Integrating the local market systems via FIX, mainly the Dealer Frontend and 3. Integrating contract management systems and local market credit rating agencies.
The role is not development in itself, but more deploying Java packages from the provider in a Java environment.
Therefor the title says: java engineer instead of developer. It’s 20% dev, 80% ops, rather than vice versa.
Due to the complexity of the business domain we aim at long term assignments and stable teams. The job is fulltime in Breda. We have a 50/50 home office policy, that is, you can work from home, but we strive for the real vibe in the Breda office.
Please send us asap your recent CV for this role (in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.