Java EE Designer
Would you like to create novel software that helps make Moore's Law possible? Would you like to create and implement Java software designs that help our customers - semiconductors manufacturers - reach new standards of quality and create smaller and faster computer chips? At the company we create full-stack software products that run in themost modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
We are always looking for talented Java developers who know how to apply the latest Java EE technologies, to join the teams responsible for creating software for automation of high volume manufacturing in semiconductor fabs. This could be your next job, so if you would like to join us - please apply!
As a Java developer you will join one of our multinational Scrum teams to create state of the art software solutions. Teams are composed of five to seven developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to follow the Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use tools like Continuous Integration with GIT, and Jira, and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested software, as a failure in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
All these dedicated Java teams work in unison on different products and platforms across the company. Their domains are one or more of: (basically here are the different java teams explained in short).
- Server with plenty of storage. In this area, we use virtualization technologies, Linux, Python and Splunk next to Java;- Selection and management of IT infrastructure that helps us run the software on a multi-blade
- Creation of software infrastructure using Java EE which provides access to SQL and NoSQL storage, reliably manages job queues with switch-over and fail-over features, periodically collects of information from networked systems in the Fab and offers big-data-like storage and computational capabilities;
- Creation of a solution on-site that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer’s domain. The server can detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what correctiveactions are needed;
- Creation of a server on-site that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer’s domain. The server can detect (upcoming) system failure and identify what corrective actions are needed;
- Providing industrial automation tasks that take care of unattended complex adjustments to the manufacturing process, to enable highest yields in High Volume Manufacturing;
- Development of algorithms that give our customers the power to reach optimal results during manufacturing;
- Creation of applications that help fine-tune the manufacturing process, helping process engineers navigate the complexities of process set-up through excellent UX design with JavaFx/Swing;
- Creation of visualization and analytics applications, for visual performance monitoring and to help dig through huge amounts of data to pinpoint potential issues and solutions. For these applications, we use Spotfire and R as main technologies.
- Selection and management of IT infrastructure that helps us run the software on a multi-blade server with plenty of storage. In this area, we use virtualization technologies, Linux, Python and Splunk next to Java;
- Use emerging technologies to turn vision into reality, e.g. on big data and machine learning;
- Design and implement software, realise the product backlog defined by the Product Owner
- Create fast and efficient Java algorithms to handle complex calculations or large quantities of data;
- Ensure quality of own deliverables by designing and implementing automated tests on unit- and integration levels
- Cooperate with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture, agree on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve integration issues, both from internal alpha and beta tests, as well as reported by our customers
- Write or update product documentation in accordance with company processes
- Suggest improvements to our technical solutions and way of working, and implement them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders
Main technologies: Java EE 1.7 till latest version, Junit, Mockito, XML, SQL, Linux, Hibernate, Git, JIRA
A relevant BSc or MSc in the area of IT, electronics or computer engineering
- At least 4 years of Java EE development
- Background in Maths, data science or machine learning
- Design and development of server-side software using object-oriented paradigm
- Creation of automated unit and integration tests using mocks and stubs
- Working with Continuous Integration
- Working as a part of a Scrum team
We’re looking for quality developers; they should have a good idea of what we’re offering (job wise) and what we’re looking for. These are not your run of the mill PHP webshop vacancies.
First of all, you should be passionate about technology and should be excited by the idea that his work will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, you are creative in solving problems and you do not fear to present your solutions.
- You are open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You take ownership and you support your team, you are the backbone of your group.
- You are client and quality oriented
- You do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.
This is a ‘detavast’ request: Our client prefers candidates who are open to a contract with our client after a period of 12 months. This is no must, please mention if this is an option for you, or not.