IT Strategy and Integration Analyst
Oil & Gas
The Strategy and Integration team exists to ensure a robust IT strategy aligns with strategic business requirements. These integrate both the individual business needs of the Business IT (BIT) and capabilities of IT Engineering (ITENG) and link to other parts. The strategy & Integration analyst will provide support to IT’s Strategy and Integration team, assisting the individual members with their activities and report into the IT Strategy and Integration manager who will be the main sponsor of the work undertaken by the Analyst.
The work activities performed are diverse, varying from analytical skills to interpret data for executive reporting purposes, to being innovative and detail-oriented when problem solving, to professionally communicating and presenting tasks performed as part of one-off pieces of work, or a regular activity. For some of these activities, sole responsibility for work is taken by the Analyst.
This is likely to be on a regular repeated activity. Activities will involve dependencies on work done or information provided by others. The Analyst will need to define these dependencies, what is required from others, and gain their commitment to get that work or information delivered. As part of these
activities, interaction with teams and stakeholders across Global Functions and beyond will be necessary. Some of the stakeholders are senior and go up
to the level of VP & CIO. The Analyst will initiate and schedule this interaction in a timely manner in order to accomplish the work activities promptly and
execute it efficiently and effectively to minimise demands on the time of others
- Work across all the lines of business with the IT organisation and possibility of interacting with and/or presenting to senior leaders;
- The scope of the work includes all aspects of organisational strategy (e.g. organisational capabilities, processes, governance) and IT technology strategy for the Functions: HR & Corporate, Finance & Legal.
1.Responsible for building awareness and embedding the core IT strategies.
2.Responsible for conducting strategic analysis of the operating model and propose improvements in organizational efficiency.
3. Will play a key role in the development of ‘Point C’ strategies across all portfolios ensuring integration of the various IT teams.
4. The role will contribute and support the future embedding of our new IT operating model and transition to a Product line.
5. Responsible for driving ad-hoc strategic challenges.
6. Coordinate dashboard and KPI information collection and interpretation. Ensure KPI data and analysis are available when required.
7. Contribute to data acquisition and analysis of benchmarks and dashboards.
8. Analysing internal (e.g. portfolio comparisons) and external (e.g. Full Spend Benchmark) data and benchmarks.
9. Support managers for:
a. Portfolio analysis for Executive Steering Committee and Executive Committee meetings.
b. Coordination of the Operational Plan execution.
c. Prepare investment and strategic sections of Business Board meeting materials.
d. Contribute to GF IT strategic initiatives with underlying analysis and preparation of discussion materials.
10. Management and delivery of projects within the Strategy & Integration team and IT Organisation.
Skills & Experience:
- An ability to analyse issues and propose resolutions is necessary.
- The Analyst needs to be capable of working independently to agreed deadlines.
- Given a desired outcome, the Analyst must be capable of making their own decisions to achieve that outcome.
- The ability to prioritise many activities and deal with many stakeholders simultaneously is important.
- Communication skills are important, as the team engages with several stakeholder groups across the world.
- Project Management (Proven track record in project delivery).
- Organisation consultancy.
Soft Skills and Experience:
- The Strategy and Integration team deals with senior stakeholders. The Analyst must be comfortable engaging colleagues up to senior level.
- The Strategy and Integration team respond to many short-term queries as well as working on longer term assignments. There will be occasions when working extra hours is necessary in order to meet deadlines.
- Typically, several different tasks are underway at once, being delivered for different people with important deadlines, which will all need to be met.
We are looking for a candidate with more consultancy knowledge rather than a project manager, organisational development and communication and also embedding skills. Project management skill is an additional nice to have.
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.