IT Project Manager
Oil & Gas
You will be expected to:
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within Shell's standards and controls framework;
- Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits;
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes
Unfortunately this position is not open to freelancers.
As a member of the Program and Project Management (P&PM) Capability Center at Shell, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as Shell transforms its business to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your program and project management career at Shell you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies. Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
Shell is looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following five key dimensions:
- Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
- Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions;
- Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, and digital platforms;
- Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
- Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
Leadership Skills As a program and project management professional in Shell, you are also a leader in the natural team and are required to continuously develop your leadership behaviours:
- Live our values and goal zero
- We do the right thing with respect to our values, safety and people.
- Maximise our performance - We focus on priorities, seek improvements and work together across teams to close our gap to potential and deliver bottom line commercial results.
- Grow trust in Shell - We work outside in and build strong long-term relationships with customers, partners, and external parties and make a positive contribution to society.
- Engage & inspire - We engage everyone through our connected purpose and inspire people and teams be their best through development, coaching and honest feedback.
- Learner mindset - We have a shared belief that everyone can grow their ability, learn from mistakes & successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded