IT Data Engineering
Oil & Gas
- Software engineering in any language of your choice like Python, Java, C++, C#, etc
- Experiencing in developing application with Asynchronized Message Queue notification, e.g MQTT, MODBUS
- Rich Experience in stream-processing JSON Time series data into Messsage Brokers (e.g., Kinesis) and Time series DB
- Strong AWS experience with Terraform knowledge (ideal).
- Experience with building scalable APIs ; integrating with APIs to push data from a data warehouse to other channels
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
About the project in a nutshell:
Hydrogen Digital Platform plays a key role in providing scalable digital business capabilities along the H2 value chain, through optimizing operations, automating manual processes (e.g. reconciliation / reporting) and process integration (e.g. planning / scheduling) needed to bring down the Levelized Cost of Hydrogen (LCOH) and provide differentiating customer propositions. The Hydrogen Digital Platform provides a digital foundation for various digital solutions and applications across the Hydrogen Value Chain.
You are a senior software engineer with at least three years of experience and a passion for data. You are able to engineer a complete data-centric solution from scratch, collecting functional and non-functional requirements, taking into account technical environments, business constraints and enterprise organizations. You like working with data scientists and you speak their language. You are a team player and a self-driven professional. You keep learning new technologies, architecture patterns, programming languages and machine learning algorithms. You are enthusiastic about innovation in software engineering and not afraid to contribute to open-source projects. You like attending, and even better presenting, at technical meetups from time to time. You are curious about the big picture and passionate about bringing data to life.
A data engineer at Shell enjoys a high level of responsibilities and potential for immediate impact at the scale of the third-largest company in the world. You contribute to the success of your team by building innovative solutions to solve concrete business challenges in the areas of analytics, enterprise integration and artificial intelligence. You work in a cross-functional product team together with data scientists, backend and frontend engineers, designers and product owners. You evolve and grow in a flat and agile organization where your initiatives make the difference.
We expect a data engineer to bring a broad software engineering experience: -
- backend and/or frontend development in any programming language of your choice -
- design of web services -
- algorithms and complexity analysis -
- Linux system administration, development and production environments -
- cloud, container and microservices infrastructures -
- software security - development workflow automation
And a strong focus on data processing:
- databases, theory and practice
- distributed data processing
- real-time event processing
- concepts of functional programming
- data privacy and anonymization techniques
- enterprise data warehousing, business intelligence and ETL principles
- statistics and analytics
Linux, Scala, Python, R, Java, Go, Git, CI/CD, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Airflow, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Bash, Kerberos, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, XGBoost, scikit-learn, TensorFlow
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded