High performance Computing Product Architect
Our client’s company, is one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. Our client creates full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and they are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
We are looking for a High Performance Computing (HPC) Product Architect for Analytics Software to join the team responsible for creating software that keeps the machines in Semiconductor Fabs perfectly calibrated during ongoing production. This could be your next job, so if you would like to join us - please apply!
Ensure that the software of our client (Semiconductor Applications0 meet the demands of external customers while providing our client’s development teams with the required architectural flexibility to support both current and future products efficiently.
• As the HPC Architect you ensure that the performance and scalability of the IDM software are optimal over time, aligned with the product requirements and our internal development requirements. You help to set up a realistic product performance roadmap, together with marketing, system engineering and domain experts. You analyze requirements, investigate technologies and create transparency in the potential solutions. You guide the organization to select the best solution and you map it on the product design. You develop an architecture that provides the flexibility to grow.
• The scope of the assignment is expected to grow over time, including more products and platforms, exploring a potential move into cloud computing territory.
• You will set up an official HPC competence in our client development organization, unifying all existing local HPC related knowledge and expertise into accepted technologies, standards, guidelines, processes.
• You work across several scrum teams with data scientists, application engineers, and software developers.
MSc / PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or similar technical background.
• You have extensive experience with complex mathematical products, and a clear affinity with hardware & software architecture. You have worked 5 years or more having a leading role in software development in a mathematical context.
• You have proven experience in successfully driving architectural changes in mid to large size projects, preferably in industrial applications.
• Work experience in an Agile/scrum environment is preferred.
• You are well aware that architectural choices are made after carefully balancing technical, financial and timing aspects.
• experience with runtime aspect of software, execution architecture, making software performance trade-offs
• experience with several programming environments (Matlab, Java, C#, Fortran)
• experience with virtualization
• experience with architecting software for hardware accelerators (e.g. GPU/FPGA/multi-core)
• architectural patterns
• distributed and parallel computing
• cloud computing
• shared computing clusters
• affinity with linear solvers
• You have strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills, a strong drive to understand the context of the product. You thrive in a team environment and work well with others. You have authority without being hierarchical.
• You’re a high energy, outgoing personality that adapts well to a variety of individuals and different levels within the organization.
Interested in this function?
Send your recent CV + motivation, both in English, plus your availability/planned vacations and your hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.