Hardware QA test engineer
Hightech manufacturer of printers.
We are looking for someone that is experienced, or willing to learn this, in hardware function development and engineering. It is a challenge for you to find design and robustness flaws as early as possible during the development trajectory of our components/functions/ projects. You characterize yourself as a team player, good communicator, quality driven, and customer oriented. Thereby you know the hardware development and engineering working methods by heart and you are not afraid to challenge others to reach higher function and system quality.
Besides that, you have/are a:
- 10 years of experience in R&D and experience in product development and engineering in a multi-disciplinary high tech environment
- Or relatively fresh on the job market with a mechanical / engineering background and motivated to immerse yourself in the world of quality
- professional with at least Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- knowledge of mechanics, electronics, and embedded software (preferably mechatronics)
- team player with excellent written in and spoken English. Communication in Dutch is needed & German is a big plus
- design for six sigma experience and professional test competencies are a pre
- a positive drive with good communication skills to persuade others with your independent quality view
- professional able to create verified and validated on-demand solutions
- permissioned to work in the Netherlands
Are you an experienced professional, or want to start a career, able to improve the quality of our developed printers by improving the verification and validation processes on function and system level for state of the art professional products in the printing industry. Please read on and we would like to get to know you.
As a hardware mechanical/mechatronic (test) engineer you are challenged to improve the quality of the developed printer systems. Equipped with hands-on experience, or willing to build this up, in function and system development and engineering, and your knowledge of the working methods in the hardware domain you work very closely together with your colleagues in the hardware functions. You are actively involved in design reviews about function requirements and FMEA. Checking function and system requirements by testing yourself or help in function verification testing with focus on functionality and durability aspects. You are up-to date with respect to the actual function quality status that is provided by the hardware functions before each regular quality status system test, the so-called total test. During total testing and your own developed function and system verification/stress testing you are able to assess the overall quality status by discovering quality issues as early as possible that need to be improved by the functions in order to rise the quality of the developed system and preventing cost of non-quality in later project stages (internal & external failure costs).
Our print systems are built for diverse markets as mid- and high volume printing in both small and wide format printing in color and black & white. The development of products is organized in project teams.
In your new role:
- you are a key player in the Q-team, led by the Quality Lead, of an R&D project with a flexible project schedule
- you have the overview on the actual quality status of all project related hardware functions (short term quality) and their durability aspects (reliability, long term quality)
- you influence the quality by joining requirement reviews, by reviewing function verification testing (plans and execution), and by executing own verification/stress testing
- you prepare and execute total tests with focus on interface aspects between hardware functions
- you are on top of field quality issues in your domain
- constantly develop and improve working methods
Please send us your recent CV + a cover letter for this role (both in English) before the 24th of September 12:00 together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.