FPGA Designer (ANR-16319)
Within the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior FPGA Designer who will work together with the existing teams in developing new embedded systems development methodologies for current and future products.
As senior designer you are responsible for:
• Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
• The design, realization, integration, and test of (embedded) systems or subsystems.
• Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you.
• Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget.
• Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
• Ensuring that there is proper documentation to support the developed code.
• Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
• Contributing to improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and future-oriented studies
We are looking for
• A Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in VHDL language for FPGA’s.
• Experience in working with major FPGA vendors and their tooling (Xilinx/Altera).
• Thinking out of the box, understanding multiple adjacent competencies
• Ability to understanding and balance between technical and commercial priorities
• Strong verification skills (using functional simulation test benches).
• Analytical skills in problem solving and system debug.
• Experience in writing design documentation.
• Understanding of electronics and (embedded) software design.
• Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum (preferred).
• Worked in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment.
• Willing to work on the same subject for longer periods (1-3 years)
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.