Expert Frontend Developer
Internationale aanbieder van meubelen en woonartikelen
Desired knowledge, experience, competence, skills etc
- We are looking for a passionate Expert Engineer who strive for engineering excellence and excel in changing environments. You are excited about software architecture, modern technologies (cloud agnostic, global scale), innovative ways of working (cross-functional, autonomous, agility) and you want to be part in shaping the future of the client!
- Extensive experience working with React including hooks and context APIs, and a good familiarity with state management with Redux, Recoil, or MobX; and with the React ecosystem in general.
- Familiarity with different programming paradigms especially functional programming. Adherence to programming best practices and quality standards.
- In addition to HTML5 and CSS3, experience with SASS, BEM, and CSS modules is required
- Good appreciation and compliance with software testing best practices, especially unit testing with Jest, and E2E testing with Cypress. Previous experience with TDD and/or BDD is a plus.
- Programming for performance, and iterative performance tuning, web vitals as a minimum.
- Mobile first development and building responsive, usable, and accessible UIs.
- As a person you have a proven ability to develop high quality code using and applying good practices. You have a curious nature and actively acquire new knowledge and skills, using them to champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance. On the same side you are happy to share your knowledge and help everyone around you to grow as individual Engineers and strong engineering teams.
- Being a successful Senior (frontend) Software Engineer, you have advanced training in computer science or equivalent experience gained through keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. In addition, you have demonstrable experience of working in a changing, agility focused and DevOps-minded environment; you thrive on taking full responsibility for the products and the customer experience. To enable others, you are energized by delivering high quality software with a focus on the surrounding ecosystems, democratic data and smart infrastructure. These build the resilient foundations which are all part of our Technology strategy.
- The client culture and values are very much a part of our business and day-to-day work life. For you to thrive and grow with the client it’s important for us that you share our values!
- We believe a healthy and flexible life balance is important, so together we will strive to create a work environment where you feel in control of your life balance, can be yourself, grow and excel in both your personal and professional life.
What 3 things from the box above are most important?
- Client values
iRecover is a web based inventory app for both handheld and desktop devices. It helps to track the client's products in the recovery logistics chain. We need team members with frontend development skills to contribute to the development.
One of our digital products- iRecover will help us improve efficiency of coworkers in the reverse logistics flow, by doing efficient triage of client's items that are either damaged or returned and giving it a second life. This is in line with our sustainability ambition and driving coworker efficiency towards being a true omnichannel retailer. To build the team I’m looking for experienced engineers who can support an early-stage product in the MVP phase. And are willing to bring these discoveries to enterprise grade software, at global client scale. We are motivated by building coworker facing apps that help them make better logistical decisions and drive our revenue up from returns.
This said, I’m looking for strong Frontend specialists, with Focus on responsive mobile-first front-ends and strong knowledge in React framework plus accompanying technologies like typescript. Eagerness to learn Flutter and DART is required. Knowledge in Flutter is preferred.
The scope of the consultant services is to assist the client in
ILO-FF domain, Fulfilment locations sub-domain, Recovery digital teams.
Please write a good motivation in English, as to why the candidate is suitable for this particular assignment.
Please send us before th 18th of january 2022, before 12.00 uur your recent CV + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.