Domain Test Architect Embedded Software
The sector Development & Engineering is responsible for specification and design of client’s products. In this sector, the department Embedded Software Design (ESD) ensures delivery of integrated embedded software solutions that support the business success of client with agreed quality, cost and in-time. The Domain Test Architect (Embedded Software) is a member of the software development group and will be responsible for test strategy on team/group level. You will work in close cooperation with your team/group members, while staying independent in testing domain.
The Domain Test Architect (Embedded Software) is responsible for testing the team deliverables, aiming for higher quality software, early bug finding and earlier delivery.
- Review high level requirements and specifications, write test strategy, implement test strategy, execute, test roadmap.
- Develop test competence and contribute to continuous integration on department level.
- Test Impact determination: in discussion with system engineers, architects and developers, you will determine the impact of a deliverable to be able to define a smart test strategy.
- You will look at the deliverables from a customer’s point-of-view.
Keywords: embedded; static, functional, non-functional and heuristic testing; unit test (Black Box & Gray Box), subsystem test and integration test on basis of requirements and specifications; test strategy, test methodology, test competence; close cooperation with designers, independent.
- WO/HBO education level
- Computer Science, Physics, Electronics, Mechanics, Mathematics or comparable
- ISTQB Foundation or T-Map Certificate. ISTQB Advanced level.
- 5+ experience in testing high-tech systems, including non-functional testing.
- Experience with complex embedded systems, including designing the test strategies, but also hands-on testing.
- Experience in writing high level test plans on basis of requirements, design documents and implicit knowledge of people, experience in definition of test strategy.
- Experience with programming/scripting/automation, like: C, C++, Unix (e.g. csh), Linux, Python,
- Experience with version control (e.g. Clear Case, git), continuous integration, FMEA, test automation, stubs and mocks (e.g. Google Mock).
- Strong communicative personality with good abstraction level, but also a pragmatic, hands-on attitude.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Analytical skills, different levels of abstract thinking. Good problem solving skills.
- Likes to break the system and investigate how things work.
- Flexible and goal oriented, able to realize progress within an uncertain, rapidly changing environment,
- Able to work under pressure, takes ownership and is decisive.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the client to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.