DevOps Specialist - Software Migration
Background in Software Engineering or IT (MSc)
- Software development using C/C++, Python
- Software development within our client or similar environments is a plus
- DevSecOps tools and principles
- Strong knowledge on ecosystems (SCM and CICD) such as GitHub (is a plus), Atlassian, Azure DevOps
- Linux (RHEL) and similar operating systems
- Build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake)
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Powershell
- Infrastructure as code tools (such as Rundeck, Terraform, Puppet)
- Containerization knowledge & experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud and on-prem platforms (Azure, GCP, VMWare, K8S)
- Team player
- Technical savant
- Eager to learn continuously
- Result oriented: Achieve goals on short and long term
- Going the extra mile
The Greenhouse project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The project is called Greenhouse because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. The software being developed is deployed to the machines at the customer. This means you will be working on enabling the heartbeat of some the most advanced technologies on the planet.
Key requirements are enabling DevSecOps practices using industry standards. The platform will be cloud-ready and based on a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation. Teams are empowered through self service capabilities and flexibility to add capabilities and tools to the environment. The software development environment is mission critical and must support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). With the large community to be serviced, all processes such as onboarding a new developer or providing new or other development stacks to teams must be fully automated and self-serviceable.
The Greenhouse project itself adopted a DevSecOps way of working. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
You will be working in the migration team. The teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated people. Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages related to migrating the software to the new SCM, CID and BUILD system. This profile is targeted at migration of the current software system.
Stuur ons dan asap je recente CV + motivatie voor deze rol, samen met je beschikbaarheid/geplande vakanties en je all-in uurtarief excl. BTW.
De locatie van de uit te voeren werkzaamheden kan i.v.m. COVID-19 afwijken