DevOps Engineer backend
Oil & Gas
Profile & skills
- Priority 1 – IaC, DevOps, Docker + Kubernetes + Helm or similar + Containerisation, CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab & Github Actions), AWS cloud components (incl lambdas), Relational DBs -
- Priority 2 – GoLang, would happily consider someone who is capable (has industry experience) in 2 or more modern OOO languages and shows a willingness to learn e.g. C#, Java, Node.js (pref TypeScript), Ruby, C++ -
- Priority 3 – Any of the following would be a bonus, Kafka (or similar message queue technology), GraphQL, Non-relational DBs, Redis.
- Good programming and analytical skills.
- Fast learner
- Proactive, focused, motivated.
- Not afraid to speak up and challenge senior members when applicable.
- A team player who is able to work with distributed teams as well as independently.
- Flexible in working hours as some of the team members/stakeholders are US/Asia based.
Shell's new Powering Progress strategy has Electric Vehicle (EV) charging at its core, with the target to grow operated EV charge points from 60K in 2021 to 500K in 2025 and 2.5mln in 2030. To support the growth ambition, the ChargeWorks programme was formed in PT and later transitioned to Renewables & Energy Solutions IT. This programme is considered a strategic programme. It leverages the latest technology (data science, AI, optimisation etc.), collaborates closely with portfolio companies (e.g. NewMotion, Greenlots) to create energy management and fleet solutions, and provide customers with data insights. With a yearly budget of ~4mln, this programme estimates to delivery 30mln value.
This programme covers multiple components:
- Energy Management and smart charging - Provide solution to optimize energy consumption and manage multiple energy sources on sites (e.g. grid, battery, EVs)
- Fleet solution. Provide solution for fleet customers to manage electric fleets scheduling, dispatch and charging in an optimized way.
- eMobility data lake: provide data insides of all EV charges
- RechargeNext: the network planning tool advises customers on the choice of the best EV charging locations based on multiple data sources and artificial intelligence.
- Other initiatives like supporting global rollout of CPO (Charge Point Operator) and MSP (Mobility Service Provider)
- Developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines or advising on them
- Working with the development team throughout all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Backend software development with a variety of coding languages
- Working closely with QAs and BAs to help shape requirements and actively participate in story refinement
- Participating in code reviews and engineering best practices
- In an Agile team, play active role in planning, estimating, challenging the others, and occasionally run daily stand-ups.
- Be willing to self-teach and upskill quickly in new technologies/domains
- Providing development support to portfolio companies of Shell eMobility
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded