In this role, you have the opportunity to participate in innovative Research projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the implementation of application stacks on out “on premise” and public cloud-based infrastructures. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the field of HPC and cloud technologies and to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
The role will encompass the use of a broad range of HPC, OpenStack and Amazon AWS technologies, operating systems (Linux) as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
ou are responsible for:
the proper operation of our “on premise” Linux and Openstack based IT infrastructures as well as for support of projects that make use of IT resources in the AWS cloud together with your colleagues by:
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing “on premise” and AWS based IT environments;
• Support Research projects in implementing their applications stacks “on premise” and on AWS;
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains;
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements;
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products;
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class (cloud) security solutions;
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• B.Sc. or Master in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline;
• Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills;
• Strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment;
• Experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies to develop and maintain secure AWS based cloud solutions;
• Solid experience as a Linux system administrator;
• Solid experience with automation of IT infrastructures;
• Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker and/or Kubernetes);
• Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios);
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues;
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential;
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
• Managing and building OpenStack environments;
• Programming: Java, Python, and/or Go;
• Configuration management tools (Git);
• Basic DB administration experience;
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
• Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP);
• Experience with storage solutions and network access protocols (NFS, SMB);
Please send us asap your recent CV + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.