Our clients' new innovation hubs set out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you’ll be challenged to think and do differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
A researcher who can be hands on as well as help steer projects? A holistic thinker, looking at, but also beyond the product experience? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design? A person who reads between the lines to extract the real story behind what’s told? A champion of research that can show the value of it to one of the world’s biggest companies? Then this is for you.
At a project level:
- Ethnographic research – In-site observations of key stakeholders / service safaris;
- Direct research – Interviews of key stakeholders including writing discussion guides;
- Landscape Analysis:
- Desk research;
- UX research of digital products; applications, platforms, data models etc.;
- Industry landscape analysis related to the subject area and that can be transferred;
- Macro trends analysis and synthesis into product vision.
- Usability testing of services and products (through appropriate software);
- Document creation:
- Identifying key findings and extracting valuable insights, patterns and opportunities from all research avenues.
- Personas /archetypes - showing a deeper understanding of the people involved in the ecosystem;
- Ecosystems, stakeholder flows etc. The ability to synthesise research and information into complex, yet simplified outputs;
- Helping to own and shape the research proposition including a central knowledge repository.
- An ability to investigate problem spaces in terms of people, business, industry and scenario;
- An understanding of user and customer behaviour and psychology;
- Capable to plan, manage and execute a course of work, be highly independent and flexible enough to adapt to a fluid project landscape.
Nice to have:
- Experience of, or openness to, working in Agile ways and an understanding of Product Management – backlogs, retrospectives etc.;
- Your experience and ambition is even wider than ‘research’ and extends into lean and human centered design & innovation as well as the latest technologies and digital trends and initiatives;
- An appreciation and understanding of service design practices i.e. consideration of the backstage workings and holistic proposition;
- Keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of digital business: having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools to where and how we work;
- Have an understanding or at least appreciation of digital development and technology;
- Communicate work visually/diagrammatically as well as through the written word (Adobe Creative Suite experience desirable);
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV (Word) + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.