Dedicated Support Engineer
Oil and Gas
The European Technical User Supports team objective is to provide differentiated support to Technical Computing (primarily Subsurface & Wells) users across Europe, and to directly increase their productivity and enhance their end user experience of IT services.
Support characteristics are commensurate with the importance of this user group of technical professionals (such as Geologists, Geophysicists, Reservoir Engineers, and Seismic Interpreters) in the Subsurface and Wells disciplines. Focus is to help these technical end users in a pro-active way; to detect problems in an early stage, to anticipate user requirements, to deliver tailor made solutions and ensure effective use of the Upstream IT environment.
The key characteristics are:
- Acting as voice and action party (re-active as well as pro-active) for the technical worker community when IT service failures impact their operations.
- Working face to face with, or remotely support technical workers to identify issues and new requirements in an early stage and prevent escalations.
- Advising users of the best possible use of the available infrastructure, specifically in the technical compute environment.
- Taking End-to-End ownership of problems affecting technical workers and acting collaboratively with other IT service areas to find resolution.
Our Performance focus is on the end user experience of the service; translating routinely into high customer satisfaction.
- How: Operating a combination of onsite and remote support models, delivered via regional teams that make up the global service. Part of European team supporting +/- 1700 customers.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proven knowledge/certification of Windows, RedHat Linux, NetApp Storage, EMC Isilon storage, HP RGS / Leostream, Microsoft Desktop, Active Directory, LDAP products.
- Proficient in Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards, Customer Service Techniques, Proficient in Function or Department Operations.
- Familiar with Customer Value Chain Concepts.
- Excellent customer interfacing experiences.
- Extensive troubleshooting and analytical skills, helicopter view.
- Able to cope well with change and be adaptable to on/off boarding of new activities and services.
- Ability to clearly identify various components of the services and reported issues.
- Highly customer focused/minded while possessing courage to resist always providing "quick fix".
- Ability to identify and pursue opportunities for service improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in regional and sometimes global environment.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a regional/global team.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with business, other support teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent written & spoken English essential.
Interested? Please send us asap your recent CV (Word) + a motivation for this role, both in English, together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.