Data (Virtualisation) Engineer
Oil & Gas
- Expertise with data virtualization (Denodo ideally, but expertise with any virtualization tool would be of value) including the common capabilities that come with this like: SQL, API consumption, data integration, master data management, etc
- Rest API development on cloud like APIGEE or AWS. detail Job Details: The core IT competences required can be found on the Learning for your Job Profile page on My Career in IT.
- Deliverable-oriented with focus on results. Doer/hands-on attitude.
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan though coping with a level of uncertainty and risk.
- Rigorous, thorough and with a taste for detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong expertise in Data Analysis and Modeling.
- Experienced, global, virtual team worker
- Leadership & negotiating skills and ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Ability to build a shared vision and able to communicate well
- Knowledge of all architecture aspects and keen to stay up to date with key developments in IT - affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, ...)
- Experience with E-R modelling
- Experience with relevant tooling is a plus
- Knowledge of both user expectations as well as legal and regulatory requirements that apply to data and how these impact data architecture.
- Experience with addressing these (e.g. data privacy laws).
- Deliverable-oriented with focus on results
- Doer/hands-on attitude
- Organized and methodical
- Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan though coping with a level of uncertainty and risk
- Rigorous, thorough and with a taste for detail
- Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong expertise in Data Analysis and Modeling
- Experienced, global, virtual team worker and with E-R modelling
Manages key elements of one or more data engineering projects. Team member in defining and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. Supports the implementation of a new big data solution which supports high amounts and velocity of data and supports future growth. Works with latest developments, testing and deployment techniques to support the deployment of new releases to e.g. deploy new data pipelines and add data sources. Delivers on responsibilities for Sprint deliverables, when required. Guides stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes and using them. Helps the business to find the right answer to solve their business problems, to determine feasible solutions contributing to develop new business models. Influential at team level through oral presentations, business cases and investment proposals. Supports stakeholders by gathering, analysing and modelling data and key performance indicators of moderate to high complexity. Working as a key member of a Team to develop and deploy innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing. Works under broad guidance and supervision by Manager / Team Lead for complex activities.
Please send us your recent CV (word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.