Oil & Gas
- Needs to be able to deal with state of the art, differentiated and often unproven technologies which require some learning on the job
- Needs to be comfortable with sometimes vague and changing scope and priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to interact and build relationships both within the client (IT & Business teams) and external software suppliers.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor or master degree in information technology, computer science, data management business administration or a related discipline. Preferred Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with big data platforms; working with large data sets, large amounts of data in motion and numerous big data technologies.
- Preferable experience with data science scenarios and machine learning frameworks (Caffe, Theano, Tensorflow, MXnet, CNTK)
- Knowledge in Machine Vision will be advantageous.
- Auto software deployment technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Git)
- Experience with Cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Hadoop/Spark-based technologies (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, Hive and Pig).
- NoSQL-based technologies (e.g. Cassandra, HBASE, MongoDB).
- Awareness of Agile Framework and its tools such as Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Data pipelining-based technologies (e.g. KAFKA, StreamSets, Flume Talend, ADFv2).
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Source Code Control (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- Open Source Frameworks (Apache Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Agile Project Delivery techniques (e.g. SCRUM).
- Highly analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with data Architecture and design techniques (local/abstract).
- Experience with API techniques/developments.
- Experience with data transformation/blending technology (e.g. Alteryx is preferred).
- Experience with Spark based
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Is highly experienced in communicating with business at all levels.
- Comfortable to work with global stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Experience of working in a global business environment/different cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and communications skills required.
The Data engineer will work alongside the Data Science Lead and will be responsible to support the development of cutting edge algorithms using the latest big data and machine learning technology. As the Data engineer, you will ingest structured, semi-structured and unstructured batch- and real-time data from numerous data sources into the newly yet to be designed data platform. The Data engineer will use the latest auto deployment, testing and monitoring techniques. The data engineer will work closely with the Solution Architect and Data Architect to design the big data platform.
Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Work together with the Solution- and Data Architect to design the next generation big data platform to support the digital marketing platform.
- Design and implement a new big data solution which supports high amounts- and velocity of data, supports future growth, use latest big data technologies/techniques, is cloud supported and in-line with the client's strategies.
- Design and implement modern data pipelines to extract, clean and process data in batch and real-time from different data sources.
- Use the latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases to e.g. deploy new data pipelines and add data sources.
- Help establish best practices around data governance, data security- and privacy (GDPR).
- Work together with the solution- and data architect to the define the target data strategy.
- The Data Engineer will report into the Senior Data Engineer
- Stakeholder management – typically works within cross-functional teams.
- Strong collaboration skills generating an environment of co-creation and adaptability aiming to the goals of the Advance Analytics CoE.
- Highly customer focused and fast paced environment.
- Exposure to Predictive Maintenance technologies and Developments such as Computer Vision.
- Cross disciplinary interaction with other Disciplines in outside Advance Analytics, for instance, control and automation, robotics, instrumentation others.
Please send us your recent CV (Word) + a cover letter for this role (both in English) together with your availability/planned vacations and all-in hourly rate VAT (BTW) excluded.